DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Dometic trailer awning..
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dometic trailer awning..
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Looking for someone who is a dealer for these and any feedback anyone has. Looking for a powered awning for my trailer, tired of messing with EZ ups and the wife is not much help these days with a bad back. Any input is welcome, looking for something in the 20-24' range..

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 990 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Al a big buck friend got one of these and is very happy....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8ApV7VUIVA

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Al-On my Beaver pusher it came with a Girard fully extending awning. They extend to 10' X 21' to 24' long and they have a wind sensor that goes on the roof that will close the awning when the wind gets to 22 mph. Its just like the one illustrated by j178red, but extends to 10' not 6 or 7'. Ive seen trailers that have regular manual RV type with 8' extension and unless you have a dragster the passenger side of a car is exposed. You have to park at least 3' away from trailer to get your door open. It's probably on the pricey side, but food for thought. Bob

Posts: 146 | Location: california | Registered: November 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have been doing some homework on awnings lately.
We have the CAREFREE armless powered unit on our new motorhome.
We have not had and trouble with ours but many people have. I suggest staying away from those just in case somebody mentions those to you. It is a very cool awning with LED lights built in and all that.
The Dometic 9100 series looks like a decent unit and has been around for a while.

We are currently having a Dometic 9000 series manual awning installed on our trailer. 25 feet.

It runs about $1300-$1400 shipped from several different on-line retailers including camping world.

We wanted simple and trouble free as possible and economical as possible for the trailer. We had a 25 ft Dometic on our LQ, used it for 9 years, 99% trouble free.

Posts: 235 | Location: Justin, TX | Registered: July 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Al we just ordered 2 Dometic 9500 awnings for ours. I will let you know how it goes

Posts: 40 | Location: Ohio | Registered: February 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of muggs
posted Hide Post
We have the Carefree awning on our RV. Easy to operate, fully adjustable and no issues. After 4 years fabric is starting to separate. Considering how much it has been used is no issue.

Posts: 3079 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 1army
posted Hide Post
Al, I purchase the power awing about 3yrs ago for my trailer very happy with it. The only thing I would say is it goes up low compared to the one on my RV.

Posts: 39 | Location: Belton,Texas | Registered: October 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post