New
Find
Notify
Tools

Grade Points
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
"Okay, so Grade Points. And of course, if we don’t go drag racing, of which the latest rumor is it won’t be for a while, we’re not going to be able to acquire grade points anyway. What did I say though? “Be positive.” Screw that little voice in your head."

Posts: 154 | Location: Beaver Springs, PA | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
trump said all racers will get a check for 20 grade points...if the dems approve it

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Top Dragster back at the nationals this season at the Texas Motorplex. With me breaking a crank last year I only have 3 grade points going into this season. No way 3 will get me in. Planed on 6 divisionals this season before entry opens so I can make my local National event. Made the first race in Belle Rose La, qualified #1 and lost 3rd round. Felt pretty confidant and then Corona virus hit.
Not sure whats going to happen now with grade points and rescheduled or cancelled races

Posts: 2399 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TD5023
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
Top Dragster back at the nationals this season at the Texas Motorplex. With me breaking a crank last year I only have 3 grade points going into this season. No way 3 will get me in. Planed on 6 divisionals this season before entry opens so I can make my local National event. Made the first race in Belle Rose La, qualified #1 and lost 3rd round. Felt pretty confidant and then Corona virus hit.
Not sure whats going to happen now with grade points and rescheduled or cancelled races

All this stuff happening now is making me really happy that the D5 schedule is so late in the year. My first planned in-division race wasn't until the Topeka doubleheader late in July, so I might be ok there.

Posts: 33 | Location: Davenport, IA | Registered: April 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TD5023:
quote:

All this stuff happening now is making me really happy that the D5 schedule is so late in the year. My first planned in-division race wasn't until the Topeka doubleheader late in July, so I might be ok there.

Our 6th race would of been in June, planned on taking the hot summer off and freshen the motor up. So much for that plan

Posts: 2399 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TD5023
posted Hide Post
quote:
Our 6th race would of been in June, planned on taking the hot summer off and freshen the motor up. So much for that plan

Well, I guess you'll just have to come up north once stuff resumes and check out some new places. That's assuming anything at all gets going this year, of course.

Posts: 33 | Location: Davenport, IA | Registered: April 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
It’s in the stimulus package; grade points waived for 2020 and we revert to the old points structure. HMMMM

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4468 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
at the worst nhra could let everyones gradepoints from 2019 stand for 2021

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:

At best raise the quotas and just let anyone enter who wants to enter the race first come first serve regardless of grade points

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Perfect timing, a little blog about grade points

https://www.dragracingedge.com/the-blog/grade-points/

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:

At best raise the quotas and just let anyone enter who wants to enter the race first come first serve regardless of grade points
Not a bad idea but the events would fill in the first 4 minutes. I question my sanity every year because the closest divisional to me is a 500 mile tow. So it's a minimum $1000 weekend. And you better hit 7 of those or you're not gonna get in. Roll Eyes JB

Posts: 1146 | Location: Busy putting up crop circles | Registered: October 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted Hide Post
Just once, I would like to see all you NHRA sportsman racers say "no".

Let them have their Pro only event and see if they don't fall apart about it. Then maybe, just maybe you racers would get a bit of respect because right now, you're nothing but filler and they could care less about whether you spend a fortune to race for pennies or not.

Posts: 1135 | Location: The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?” ~~ Captain Jack Sparrow ~~ | Registered: August 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post