Find
Notify
Tools

motors
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
615 vs 632 which is the best.

Posts: 33 | Location: Cooper Tx | Registered: February 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
They cost the same so 17 more cubes and say 1.8HP/ci that’s a free 30HP.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Not a fan of a 4.600 bore in anything new.

Posts: 89 | Location: Inverness, Fl | Registered: November 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NortonRacing:
Not a fan of a 4.600 bore in anything new.

LOL. Everything is 4.600 new basically. Still have plenty of room to grow/cleanup over the years

Posts: 122 | Location: Over here | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
EXACTLY!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Norton is a sbc guy, he misspoke.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
638…..

Posts: 1250 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
648 Big Grin

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
Norton is a sbc guy, he misspoke.

I didn't, Merlin max overbore is 4.625 per their website. One bad groove or ding, well your either at max bore or sleeving it. You also have more forging options on pistons under 4.600. More deck surface between cylinders etc, numerous reasons in my opinion.

So while you may not agree with a conservative approach its still a very valid point.

Posts: 89 | Location: Inverness, Fl | Registered: November 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
It's like my girl friend always says, BIGGER IS BETTER, same goes for engines, why do you think there is such a push now days for Pro Chargers, Turbos, Blowers, Nitrous, or just BIG CUBES.

Who cares about clean ups etc, make it as big as you can, sleeves are cheap.

That's why they created THESE:
https://www.sonnysracingengine...0-hp-on-four-systems

FREE HORSE POWER.

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 954 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Exactly!

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Guess I just live a simpler life, to lazy and cheap to be working on and replacing blown up junk.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Lazy and cheap is the new American way for many. That said, you’re just speaking about something you haven’t a clue about.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I realize its tough for you to argue facts but what have I said wasn't factual?

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
The FACTS and the TRUTH is you don’t race a 4.600 bore bbc that as has been said is the norm today with bbc builds for fast top bulb bracket cars as well S/ST, S/C, S/G, TD and TS. Further, I have been running 4.600 bore engines since 2013. Further 2, I wouldn’t run anything Merlin.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Unless your running a boosted combo, 4.600 and larger bore is pretty much the norm in BBC bracket and NHRA TD, TS and .90 racing

Posts: 2401 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Big Steve…KNOWS!

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
What's wrong with a 4.600" bore????? 665" here, 4.600 bore, 5" stroke....on the bottle....

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
Max bore on a block is just the manufactures suggestion. It's not set in stone exactly.

Posts: 621 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Pro @ 4.700 4.900 BS
Shoulda said; 4.680-4.700

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BP758,

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4469 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post