Find
Notify
Tools

Possible new scam
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
I got a call on some magnesium VC'S. Guy works for JFR needs dual plug VC's for show car?

Tells me he has tons of parts. Instead of buying wants to swap some parts. Has single plug VC's. Agrees to pay 100 plus VC's. Sends money paypal. Wants me to ship vc's and let him know tracking number. Has not sent adress? He is unverified on paypal? For some reason paypal can not show money in account,does show a payment. He had me send email to him at JFR,but has hotmail account on paypal?

If I ship him VC's and get his then everything cool. If I ship him mine and get nothing I'm out a set of magnesium dual plug Hemi Valve covers for 75 bucks which is 1025 below cost of new ones.
The ?'s are point that rasie questions about deal to me.

Anyone have experiance with someone trying to swap few bucks for high buck parts? Maybe just getting suspicious in old age.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4176 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Don't use PayPal. Get a postal money order.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Call JFR and ask them directly.... then still have them send theirs first and then you can send yours. If they refuse to send theirs first then f'em, it's obviously a scam.

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
OK why? He has already sent money and its not the money I am concerned about. Its the parts swap. If I send and he does not then he has 1100 dollar sent of VC's and I have 75 bucks,good deal for him. Admit they are not 1100 set now and deal started at 650.00 plus shipping. Still hemi vc's are not cheap if screwed out of them.
Heck does have Yorba Linda CA
shipping adress.
Thought about getting tracking info from him first.Then could ship empty box and be covered there. Damn people make you suspicious now days or maybe just over active mind here.

Posts: 4176 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Any time you take Postal money orders!!!

Records are kept on all US postal money orders purchased. To verify a US Postal money money order, you can call: 1-866-459-7822

Before (Any Transaction) is completed/received.

Just sounds bad from the get go... Chris, go with your gut.

Cost nothing to contact them..

http://www.johnforceracing.com/contact-us/

2 years ago My son purchased an expensive rod and reel. Here come to find out it was purchased with a stolen credit card. Purchased from Bass Pro Shops. Put up for sale on the bay. Bass pro came after my son and wanted their money. The Bay got involved. Bass Pro got nothing.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TD3550,

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Chris listen to your gut and protect yourself. Too many things not normal with the guy. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, then it's probably a duck
At the very least, drag your feet and wait for his VC's to show up and be happy with the trade. THEN, send your parts to him.
If he doesn't like that walk away from the deal. You taking it slow shouldn't be an issue. You KNOW you're honest.
Besides, it's not like he needs the covers to make the Nationals or something....

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4450 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I agree, call JFR and ask for him. If he's there, it's legit. Race car guys can be weird sometimes, doesn't mean it's a scam.

I caught a new one yesterday on a truck I have for sale. Phone rings, I answer, he says in a very articulate Midwest friendly voice "Hey man, I'm calling about the car you're selling..." then the connection goes away. A couple minutes later, I start getting texts. Seemed kinda legit until I told him I needed a half million dollar deposit and he agreed as long as I would send a carfax.

Posts: 928 | Location: my own little world | Registered: July 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Ok asked ? wrong. I understand postal money order part and always suggest it. Question was why not paypal,other than the cost part and seller is always wrong.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. Did as Will suggested and will see what happens.

Heck I could hand deliver them next Thursday will be at Z max anyway.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
No scam real deal. Email to JFR and got reply couldn't believe I was checking up on him. Thought it funny that with all the references and connections I was not sure he was legit.

Bad that you have to be suspicious of everyone now days because so many are scams.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
With all the scamming going on these days, you would think people would welcome extra verification.

I sold a trailer to a guy, I insisted on meeting him at a branch of his bank, it was Saturday, bank branch was in a grocery store.
We went in, they said the check from that bank was real, we all parted ways happy.

It's just good business.

Posts: 235 | Location: Justin, TX | Registered: July 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post