DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Doug Folley Jr Dominates Byron in Torqin Dragster
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Doug Folley Jr Dominates Byron in Torqin Dragster
 Login/Join

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted
Doug Foley Jr was on a tarrrreee this past weekend in Byron, Illinois. Runner up on Friday and won Sat/Sun Combo race driving Chris's dragster. 4.20 was for fun, but she was stuck on a 4.52

Nice work!

Posts: 2099 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Chris and that whole gang are good people and good racers.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3990 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
I love those headers on Chris Gulitti's car. Chris should sell them to me cheap when he gets bored and wants a new pair Big Grin

Posts: 2410 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Yeager
posted Hide Post
Nice Job Gentlemen!

Mark Yeager

Posts: 1380 | Location: Hollister,CA | Registered: April 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
That’s a really terrific car and the driver was really doing his job behind the wheel.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6375 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Curious why the loaning of the car? Wasn’t it Chris who has a son who is a young gun behind the wheel?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6375 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Oh and it’s on Mickeys

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The car is 70% to 80% of it - winning Super Pro bracket races.

If it weren't, they wouldn't spend 100's of thousands on em.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:

Why do they paint them?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I'll bet the first thing the guy said when he got out was, daYUM that car is good.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:

Why do they paint them?

I don't mean that as a put down or criticism, I'm merely just speaking english. If the car wasn't 70%-80% of it, there's lesser expensive options.

There's a large database for every part that goes into them, to make em good off the showroom floor.

Work on your shyt, no worries.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Why do they paint them?

I don't mean that as a put down or criticism, I'm merely just speaking english. If the car wasn't 70%-80% of it, there's lesser expensive options.

There's a large database for every part that goes into them, to make em good off the showroom floor.

You are wrong
If it were that big of a percentage, the check writers would be killing it everywhere. They don’t.
I consider having a capable car simply a requirement. Part of the price of entry if you want an actual shot at a win. But all the magic happens in the seat

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Why do they paint them?

You are wrong
If it were that big of a percentage, the check writers would be killing it everywhere. They don’t.
I consider having a capable car simply a requirement. Part of the price of entry if you want an actual shot at a win. But all the magic happens in the seat

I've forgotten more about winning Super Pro bracket races than you'll ever know. I wish I could say the magic is in the seat, it's not. The magic is the car 70%-80%.

You know it's good when others jump in and win.

Work on your shyt, come back with some winning experience, and we'll talk again.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Why do they paint them?

You are wrong

I've forgotten more about winning Super Pro bracket races than you'll ever know. I wish I could say the magic is in the seat, it's not. The magic is the car 70%-80%.

Work on your shyt, come back with some winning experience, and we'll talk again.

You do not know me

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Why do they paint them?

You are wrong

You do not know me

I don't have to know you, to know you're not speaking from experience.

We both know that.

If you disagree, tell us about your magic winning from the seat. How it works.

I'll wait.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Why do they paint them?

You are wrong

You do not know me

I don't have to know you, to know you're not speaking from experience.

We both know that.

If you disagree, tell us about your magic winning from the seat. How it works.

I'll wait.

Cut a light
Take the stripe, Or don’t

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The only magic is the delusion in your head.

It takes a killer car and a lucky break here and there to win Super bracket races with any reasonable frequency, on very few entry's. A lot of the lucky breaks are earned by the killer car.

Work on it!

DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
Congrats Doug.

Regan Wilson Super Street 469C

Posts: 295 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Curious why the loaning of the car? Wasn’t it Chris who has a son who is a young gun behind the wheel?

His Son Cory is a very good driver and good kid. Chris has several really nice cars, my guess is Cory was driving one of the other cars?

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

Posts: 3990 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
In fact I think Cory won $50,000 last night at big race.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"