DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    It's official as of tomorrow
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's official as of tomorrow
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Would have told boss. Hey make me offer I can not refuse. A lot more money is good start. No reason to be unreasonable,especially if get lot more money for mover year later.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4179 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Employers always act as it’s your fault when you find a better reality.

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
Employers always act as it’s your fault when you find a better reality.

It is. If you did not look for it you would never know it exist.LOL

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4179 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 434 olds:
How far would you be from a race track. How many tracks are there in Alaska.

I'll live fairly close to the track. I think it's the only one, but there might be one in fairbanks too, not sure on that.

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
Would have told boss. Hey make me offer I can not refuse. A lot more money is good start. No reason to be unreasonable,especially if get lot more money for mover year later.

They lost one of the best electrical instructors they've ever had over $2.....They would have to offer me more than $15hr to match what i'm going to get....and they won't even consider it...

Mark Goulette

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Many people quit there job because of their boss not the company they work for. I have quit some really good jobs in my life because my boss was an A-HOLE. Sometimes took a step back in pay but always came out way ahead in the end.

Best decision I ever made was getting out of industrial maintenance management and went to work for a Medical device company as a home based field service engineer 20 years ago. But even with a manager located a 1000 miles away they can still piss you off over the phone or thu e mail

Posts: 2410 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]
But even with a manager located a 1000 miles away they can still piss you off over the phone or thu e mail[/QUOTE]

That’s 100%

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Division 6. Sounds like you have a great plan. The only downside is if you want to go run a Divisional or go to the Bracket Finals, it's a long tow.

I was in Ashcroft, BC at a Bracket Finals and thought that 14 hours each way was a long tow but felt pretty good when a couple of the Alaskan guys said it was 20 hours each way for them.

Posts: 457 | Location: coquille,or | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Guessing that track is pretty fast since it’s about at sea level. Looked in to doing some heli skiing in Alaska, pretty neat that it goes from sea level to high elevation without having to go far!

Posts: 712 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 183N:
Guessing that track is pretty fast since it’s about at sea level. Looked in to doing some heli skiing in Alaska, pretty neat that it goes from sea level to high elevation without having to go far!

This last winter, I checked air density online for track conditions just for kicks...yes, it was cold. -25*f...but DA was -6800ft........imagine running in that air!!!

Mark Goulette

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
https://www.raceak.com/

Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1230 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 1leg
posted Hide Post
Congrate Alaskaracer.
With global warming Southern Califonia has got to cold for me couldn't Imagine moving to AK.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1leg,

Meziere Tech.
Make sure your water pump is on whenever you check your coolant level.

Posts: 237 | Location: Escondido | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Some of the politics in Colorado are crazy these days. I grew up there and still have family there but not sure why they stay. Of course They live in the mountains so hard to beat that. But the taxes, policies and politics in general would make it hard to stay. Best of luck in Alaska we have friends there and, any who have been stationed there and it seems like a love it or hate it kinda place.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 987 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post