DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    House of Payne St. Patrick's Classic @ VMP 5K/10K/5K TOP & FB
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

House of Payne St. Patrick's Classic @ VMP 5K/10K/5K TOP & FB
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted
We still have some irons in the fire, but the preliminary St. Patrick's Classic flyer has hit the interwebs. Loose Rocker would like to express our deepest gratitude to returning title sponsor House of Payne Performance Starters & Alternators. If you need it started or charged, call Mark Payne first! Mark is not only a Loose Rocker racer himself, but also the 2018 NHRA Div. 1 Top Dragster Champion. If you don't have House of Payne equipment already, now's a good time to get some! Check out www.houseofpayneperformance.com. You'll be glad you did.

We would also like to thank our many returning sponsors for 2019, and welcome new supporters Competitive Suspension Solutions, A2 Racewear, and Innovate Motorsports. Look for details on these great companies soon!

We look forward to seeing everyone at the incredible Virginia Motorsports Park March 15-17, 2019! In addition to the unbelievably smooth surface that had 4.50 cars printing tickets in below-freezing temperatures on 10-day old concrete last year, VMP now has a 1-2 punch of some of THE best track prep guys in the business, with both Allen Carpenter AND Tyler Crossnoe!

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5732 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I don't know if I'll have the budget and time off to race it, but I may be jonesing enough to come lean on the fence.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I want to go but I will not drag my trailer through winter weather or crappy roads for it.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
Just over a month away! Looking forward to seeing everyone at VMP!

__

Posts: 5732 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
It's MARCH already! We'll be turning tires at VMP in just TWO WEEKS!

USA

__

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
Watching the weather but Doug Lynden and I plan on going.

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1355PRO:

You can't watch the weather until *at least* Tuesday night of race week. Anything earlier is meaningless. I've been studying this stuff for a decade. The weekend forecast usually settles somewhat on Wednesdays of race week, and that's the earliest that we would make any schedule adjustments, if necessary.

Look forward to seeing you guys!

__

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
"Hey, is the race streaming live anywhere?"

Yes! Thanks to presenting sponsor Summit Racing Equipment, you can find every Loose Rocker event streaming live on www.motormaniatv.com, and on YouTube on the MotorManiaTV channel.

We look forward to seeing everyone at Virginia Motorsports Park for the House of Payne Performance 10th Annual St. Patrick's Classic on March 15-17, but if you can't make it, make sure you tune in for some GREAT Footbrake and Top E.T. big money bracket racing!

In the meantime, if you need parts, you know who to call... World's Speed Shop®—the go-to parts source for thousands of gearheads around the globe! Summit Racing Equipment got here by putting the customer first: save you money on the parts you want, deliver those parts quickly, and back them with the best customer service in the industry! Shop online, give them a call, or stop in one of their growing number of retail stores.

__

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Beard:
quote:
Originally posted by 1355PRO:

You can't watch the weather until *at least* Tuesday night of race week. Anything earlier is meaningless. I've been studying this stuff for a decade. The weekend forecast usually settles somewhat on Wednesdays of race week, and that's the earliest that we would make any schedule adjustments, if necessary.

Look forward to seeing you guys!

Buddy I watch the weather because I'm bored lol...

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:
because I'm bored lol...

I highly recommend the first season of Marvel's Daredevil on Netflix!

__

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Beard:
quote:
because I'm bored lol...

I highly recommend the first season of Marvel's Daredevil on Netflix!

Watched it...Iron Fist was a bust though.

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
Who's ready for some of THIS? Cool

__

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post

House of Payne Performance's Mark Payne will be bringin' the sweets!

Fuel availability and prices at Virginia Motorsports Park:
Sunoco Fuels
Red 116 $13.00
Blue 112 $11.00
Purple 110 $10.00
Methanol $5.00

__

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post

ATTENTION IN THE PITS! We are going to take advantage of the warm temps coming in on Friday, and bump up the start time to 8:30 AM. Engines may be fired at 8AM. All Top ET Doorcars, please get 'em warmed up and to the lanes ASAP Friday morning, with double-entered dragsters on standby.

Don't forget, Thursday's Legendary 64 Shootout is FIRST COME-FIRST SERVED at the gate. $200 Entry for $5K/Win includes Test n' Tune! Test 3PM-9PM. Shootout eliminations at 6PM.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Michael Beard,

__

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
Racers filled the pits for Thursday's Test n' Tune and Legendary 64 Shootout, excited to get the 2019 season underway on a beautiful 70 degree day! Congratulations to Bruce Sisk on the $5,000 Legendary 64 victory over a red-lighting Jeff Serra. Chris Mancini and Delton Hairfield were the semifinalists.

The 10th Annual House of Payne St. Patrick's Classic kicks off with an EARLY START for Friday's Summit FAT $5K Warmup, to take advantage of the warm weather. Racers may fire engines at 8am. All Top ET Doorcars can then make their way to the lanes ASAP, looking for burnouts at 8:30AM! Double entered dragsters will be on standby. Thank you to all of you for your great support. Let's get after it!

__

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post

Huge turnout for the 10th Annual St. Patrick's Classic at Virginia Motorsports Park on this warm, blustery day in March. Thank you to all the racers, sponsors, and great staff who make it all possible!

__

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
Every once in awhile, the Weather Entertainment people guess somewhat close, and rain showers did catch up with with us in Rnd 1 of Top ET, with more precipitation percolating behind it. We will run $10K Sat, $10K Sun, each with the Saturday $10K format. Single Day entries are $150, Weekend Entry $290. There will be 1 Time Trial on Saturday, starting with Top ET Doorcars. Be ready to go, as we will try to move up the start time a bit again as we are able.

We greatly appreciate each and everyone of the racers making up the largest House of Payne St. Patrick's Classic turnout in 3-4 years!

__

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
600 tech cards, minus breakage found a blowout record 593 entries going down first round of Saturday's ATI Performance Products $10K Warmup of the 10th Annual House of Payne St. Patrick's Classic. Racers stepped up to meet the challenge to run a fast paced program, but a couple unfortunate cleanups left us at curfew with 20 cars remaining in Top ET, each earning a split of $1,025, and 17 Footbrakers, each earning a split of $1,145.

Sunday will begin anew with the Abruzzi $10K Finale. There will a New Entry Time Run Only, and NO Buybacks. Engines may be fired at 10AM. Without the 'full' time run session, we'll gain about 4 hours back, so we look forward to completing Sunday's race and awarding some Big Checks and Loose Rocker Eagle Trophies!

__

DRR Trophy
Picture of bradsc1954
posted Hide Post
Congrats on another successful event Michael. Was watching on Motormania. Wish you had a race closer to us. You guys did an awesome job from what I saw yesterday.

Posts: 133 | Location: Weare NH USA | Registered: July 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Hate it you couldn't finish but 593 is a bunch to deal with under the best of conditions and like Forest Gumpp said, "SH_T happens" and one spill is a deal killer.

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post