DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Good weekend for racing in the south. How were the turnouts?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good weekend for racing in the south. How were the turnouts?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of FastLane
posted
Curious how your local track turnout went this weekend? The weather was good all over Texas and most of the south. Any new faces at the track? Were the regulars all there?

Posts: 395 | Location: Parked... | Registered: May 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I wasn’t there(car not ready) but friends that did go said silver dollar had a good turnout on Saturday, we will have to see about today.

Posts: 495 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
$4.99 a gallon diesel didn't affect the turnout at Darlington.

Posts: 522 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Strong turnouts all around at Darlington.

I lost at 3 cars.....that was round 8 in modified. Think top was 10 rounds to finals but I'm not positive.

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I went to sleep at 10:30 and they were still calling doubles in top (don't know if they had any) I lost to my own confusion in Mod third round. Friends 10 year old lost at 3 cars in his Jr. Place looked pretty full saw lots of old friends and it was a good time. Don't know why Darlington don't have a 2 day as crowd would have liked it. I just got home and filled up motorhome with diesel at $4.54. It was $5.05 at the state line.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
I went to sleep at 10:30 and they were still calling doubles in top (don't know if they had any) I lost to my own confusion in Mod third round. Friends 10 year old lost at 3 cars in his Jr. Place looked pretty full saw lots of old friends and it was a good time. Don't know why Darlington don't have a 2 day as crowd would have liked it. I just got home and filled up motorhome with diesel at $4.54. It was $5.05 at the state line.

Loved your car! It was good to briefly meet you in the lanes. Ferndale is cooler than Eskimo Ice!

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
Heard Darlington and GALOT were both over 300 cars.

EDIT: Official car count at Darlington was 320.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Michael Beard,

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5737 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Oh my! always good to meet new people

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BG7X77:
Strong turnouts all around at Darlington.

I lost at 3 cars.....that was round 8 in modified. Think top was 10 rounds to finals but I'm not positive.

Good work.... you can build on that.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Nahunta Dragstrip only had 13 entries today. 30 would be a really good turnout, so it wasn't all that amazing. I doubt it was fuel cost that did it. More likely it was the race at Galot that caused it. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 60 falcon
posted Hide Post
Thunder Valley in Noble Oklahoma had their 3rd bulb throwdown this weekend $5,000 to win ran two races in one day and had 140 entries in the first race ( never heard the second race count) which is an excellent bottom bulb crowd for this area. The place was packed with people and street cars on Friday night also.

sammy mathis

Posts: 67 | Location: iowa park, texas | Registered: October 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post