New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chris needs help.
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I've been thinking about a dash cam for a while. A co worker uses his cell phone for a dash cam. I don't know how good those videos are but that might be a simple low cost solution. I drive 20 miles in Interstate 85 to work each day. People do stupid stuff all the time. Sooner or later my cat like reflexes aren't going to be enough to prevent a wreck.

I used to be a people person, but people ruined that.

Posts: 225 | Location: Usually home | Registered: January 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all of you alls input! Mike I am on it and thanks again!

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hi: I saw my name on the Bat Beacon here and hope you won't mind my chiming in. Torqin, very sorry this happened to you, and I'm glad you're okay.
As for the ticket, I can't recall ever seeing a situation where someone rearends someone else and isn't ruled at fault. They may have given the other person a ticket, too, but basically your insurer is going to be paying for at least part of the damage. If you fought and won on the ticket that wouldn't affect the insurance part of it, so I'm glad you saved your money.
Someone mentioned having an umbrella policy: that is a GREAT idea, and when you get the quote be sure your RV is covered! The RV and trailer is the biggest exposure most of us have. Don't forget to consider increasing your uninsured motorists coverage as well (the laws/coverages vary by state so I'll advise checking with your agent/provider).
As for damage to your vehicle, that's really up to you. Physical damage coverage can vary a lot on RVs, and because of the cost, do some shopping and ask for details of how losses are settled. Some newer RVs are eligible for loss coverage w/o depreciation which can be worth the extra money. And of course, the trailer/race car/contents need their own coverage. The RV policy won't extend to cover the correct values, even if the RV has comprehensive and collision. If any of you have questions about the above feel free to contact me w. questions; I taught this stuff for 20 years for Univ. of Connecticut and the geek in me still loves to provide answers.
Best to everyone for the coming season; be careful out there!

Bill Horton
Drag Racer's Insurance

Posts: 1 | Location: connecticut | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post