DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Upon Further Review
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Upon Further Review
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
I thought this was an NFL football term,but now it applies to drag racing?

Pro Stock Round 2 today

McGah with the starting line advantage and it was first determined that Koretsky won, but after further review it will be McGah getting the win.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Timing block got knocked out of place during the run

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12275 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike English:

I'm waiting to see this one on the TV show,because I saw numbers of 6.536 to 6.556 with lights of .043 to .024.
Evidently the math didn't add up if the one car was clearly ahead on video.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Something's fishy, in the very next race Enders took out Anderson on a holeshot, The timing system showed the margin of victory of .0007. on the replay she took the stripe by at least half a car. Also it showed Anderson's mile per hour as 220....

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:

is retow running pro stock in the nova now?

ep-sorry couldnt resist

Posts: 757 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pauley:
quote:

is retow running pro stock in the nova now?

ep-sorry couldnt resist

Facts don't matter. I warned you of our future in 2017.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You reap what you sow

Facts don't matter.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
We'll all go down in history as bystanders to the dismantling of the pillars of western civilization.

Shamefully.

Facts don't matter.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Okay,what does a transgender swimmer have to do with a timing problem at an NHRA National event?

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
Okay,what does a transgender swimmer have to do with a timing problem at an NHRA National event?

It depends, did they review the video and determine the winner according to facts?

Or invent a story to put the racer they originally ruled loser, back in the race? Confused

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:

It depends, did they review the video and determine the winner according to facts?

Or invent a story to put the racer they originally ruled loser, back in the race?

I watched the show last night.It was clear to me who won and why they reversed the outcome.But it got me to thinking that if it happened in a Sportsman class,would they have that good of video or would they even bother to take a look at it?

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
they wouldn't bother.

ep

Posts: 757 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:

Or invent a story to put the racer they originally ruled loser, back in the race?

I watched the show last night.It was clear to me who won and why they reversed the outcome.But it got me to thinking that if it happened in a Sportsman class,would they have that good of video or would they even bother to take a look at it?

In that case, if officials didn't look at the video in order to determine which car won the race, you could reasonably say facts don't matter, with a still shot at the stripe in hand.

From what I've seen it's standard procedure for the NHRA to clarify any call they make, easily without hesitation.

A good way to achieve mickey mouse, little league status is to do what Bradenton did, and not clarify. Which is an admission of guilt. Common sense.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Ignoring facts doesn't change the facts.

This is our future, without facts.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm no Brockmeeyer, but that's kinda a strange explanation of the phenomenon.

The beam is either on the reflector or it's not. No?

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
as an aside, at the bottom of the link 442 posted above, it stated Duck Duck Go (my search engine) blocked both a post and comments to prevent Facebook from tracking me. Just an observation, as you were.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2331 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:

The reflector block being "turned" doesn't alter the position of the emitter / receiver unit.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1621 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Turk
posted Hide Post
In no means defending Bob and compulink, the scenario explained can be plausible. The outside track sensors are fixed in place. In this case the timing cone rolled forward meaning turning forward and now the reflectors are side by side( why because they are velcro down for easy removal when TF/FC run 1000 ft) The outside sensors are not the same as the starting line ones and don't have a pinpoint laser its more of for easy terms a small window of area. You will see these same lasers used as guard beams in heavy machine shop machines. Thats why alot of down track cones have 2 reflectors on them as the signal coming across from the sensor may not hit exactly in that 3 inch reflector. It not a direct laser beam it a small window range it hits. Thats why down track sensors are a 1/4 of the price of the starting line sensors. So in this case the cone rolled forward and the window of the 3 -6 inch reflector was changed sideway. It was just pure luck that the beam coming across on boths sides was able to reflect back. And yes the timing cone can be crooked to a small degree and still work be it incorrectly. Remember you are also relying on the 3 inch reflector to reflect the signal back. In this case with 2 reflectors its a 3 to 6 inch window the laser needs to hit. If everyone remembers their trigonometry math and angles that makes this highly unlikely but plausible. You could try to manually line that cone up 50 times this way and not get. It was pure luck and no one from tower to track would think there is an issue unless they manually looked at it. The system would report back no sensors out( not working) as it was getting a reflected signal back but totally out of alignment.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Turk,

Posts: 177 | Location: New Stanton | Registered: January 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Now I am curious, did the angle of the reflector make the distance to travel longer and is this the reason for the speed increase? If so, then MPH surely is amplified by a short measuring distance. My solution to correct this from happening again would be to make a laser mark on the center cone area and put a mark on the cone to establish a "truer" mark for the timing system.

Posts: 75 | Location: oklahoma | Registered: November 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post