DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Need a driveshaft quickly - looking for shop recommendations
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need a driveshaft quickly - looking for shop recommendations
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I moved the rear end back in my car a bit and I'm not happy with the amount of slip yoke hanging out of the transmission.

Looking for a 4" driveshaft ~51" long in a couple days. Likely asking for a miracle but does anyone have a shop that turns shafts around super quick they can share?

Posts: 72 | Location: Oostburg WI | Registered: October 16, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Do you have a local shop nearby that could work one out for you quickly?

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Local-ish shop (90 minutes away) doesn't do aluminum shafts.

Posts: 72 | Location: Oostburg WI | Registered: October 16, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Mark Williams

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
I have local heavy truck shops do mine since I have connections. I think I'm on my 3rd one in over 25 years.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3158 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I got a Strange Engineering Chromoly in 4 days.

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1219 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sr4440
posted Hide Post
A longer slip yoke?

Without data, you’re just another guy with an opinion.

Posts: 1300 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
Why pay to have a simple job done?
Built several, over 20K on my street car since I switched to a 5-speed and no vibration.

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11005 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post