DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    NHRA going full Retard
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NHRA going full Retard
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I'll ask again. Ed, what is your first hand knowledge that the monza is pos?

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
So what are the Pro teams going to do?

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4003 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Lucky Scott Hudson
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not much they can do. Not like they can go racing someplace else. Without TV coverage most of the sponsorship deals go away.

Posts: 1199 | Location: So Cal | Registered: March 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:

Don't know about teams, but some of the drivers are bracket racing.

Posts: 1458 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/nOJSmXSFCWk
When the music's over turn out the lights.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
quote:
Originally posted by chasracer:
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
I spent $30k this year before my cars made 1 pass and we have marketing partners helping us.

30k?

Big whoop! Really - you think 30k is a bunch of money? You're the joke around here.

The jokes on you buying this POS

Clearly $30k is a lot of money to you because if you had it, you wouldn’t have bought this junk! Spitting

Not hardly.

And wow, you really hurt my feelings - as I said, you're nothing but a ****in' joke around here. Problem is, you aren't bright enough to figure it out yet.

Posts: 1135 | Location: The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?” ~~ Captain Jack Sparrow ~~ | Registered: August 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
says another clueless forum dumbazz that ain't got shyt nor done shyt

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
^^^^^Idiot Alert^^^^^

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I see a cyclical pattern that is hitting "that phase" again.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6398 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
I see a cyclical pattern that is hitting "that phase" again.

Sad but True. Back on the subject , YES the Racers do have a choice and so do Sponsors and spectators. That is my point. If you cut the races from 24 to 11 and there is not many spectators in the stands then the VALUE for the Sponsors is much lower.
Why would sponsor pay 10 million a year for a 24 race season and then only get 11 for their money?
That may hurt car count and lets say there are only 8 or 10 fuel teams there the value for the Spectators is not the same. Do you want to pay full price tickets for small field?

While I agree with others here that the purse is not the only reason they race. I do think it will effect their decision on what races to attend if any. As will the Sponsor money which will also impact their decisions.

Every one of us including the pros make decisions on what events to go to or if it even worth it at all. This will may not make the decision for the pros but it will be one more straw on the camels back. My opinion.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

Posts: 4003 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
#1 You can't squeeze blood from a turnip. The turnip being NHRA.

#2 What is the choice for the drivers? Where are you going to go race that you are going to have a field and national television? Right now there is no choice.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6398 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
John Force Racing made the choice. I think others will to. The question is how many?

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Wing Wong Ching Chong - China Drag Racing Association. Thank your elected officials.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
https://dragillustrated.com/ri...RoHySzvzy2oEfXVO2Z-8

Well look here and listen to Richard Freeman, someone who actually races Pro Stock and knows what he is talking about. To win Pro Stock Championship paid $250,000 now pays $26,000 and according to Richard that money is a huge help.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I think all of this hurts the smaller sponsored teams like Tim Wilkerson, Terry McMillian and Alex Laughlin etc. We have seen that it hurt the top teams like Force and it is hurting little guys to.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"