DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    any dragster owners out there use a lift gate style stacker to haul your car?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

any dragster owners out there use a lift gate style stacker to haul your car?
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I need to know what type of dolly you use to support the car while the front of the car hangs off the lift gate. I have been looking for pictures of Top Fuel cars being loaded to see what they use but I haven't had any luck.

thanks in advance

Posts: 204 | Location: Lenoir | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Here is Kalitta's car on the full unload.
Give you an idea. Also keep a securement device on the back of the car while the car is hanging out there and the deck is operational. One of those JIC moments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0NkO-qIZx0

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TD3550,

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
a friend uses one and his tailgait has rollers near the end,the frames merely rests on the roller untill the front wheels get to tailgait while pushing in.

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1396 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
thanks for the info guys. I have a friend that's gonna build one like Kalitta uses. It will be ready way before we get to race.

Posts: 204 | Location: Lenoir | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
I'm gonna guess you go racing with a slightly smaller crew than the average Kalitta team! Seems like too much trouble for a bracket race operation. A friend of mine had one of those and I used to get tired just watching them load up... He sold it before long.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 626 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I’d mount a roller from like oil truck on gate or mount a wheels on chassis so it’ll roll in

Posts: 386 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thinking about installing wheels on mine in front of foot box to help get over beaver tail

Posts: 386 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Check out s w dragster loading wheels

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BD104X:
I'm gonna guess you go racing with a slightly smaller crew than the average Kalitta team! Seems like too much trouble for a bracket race operation. A friend of mine had one of those and I used to get tired just watching them load up... He sold it before long.

The trailer doesn't belong to me. I am fortunate enough to have a sponsor supplying me with a toter home and this trailer. He also pays for fuel. But I agree, this isn't the best setup for a dragster.