New
Find
Notify
Tools

Maple Grove
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted
Wasn’t it said on here that even with Bill Bader running the show that nobody would go back? I noticed Maple Grove has over twice the racers in points than Numidia has

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Clint, as you know if anyone would turn it around, Billy would.

Posts: 41 | Location: east central ohio | Registered: October 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
This past weekend @ MG was quite impressive. 103 cars in SP and 104 cars in Pro for the first round. When is the last time any track in this area has had that type of turn out? 10 years ago? Way to go MG for turning it around. The Lantern Fest was BIG, but look at the number of people sitting in the stands for a bracket race. During the 3rd round of eliminations, there was approximately 500+ spectators (non-racers) watching from the stands. I'm sure some of them may give this racing thing a try....even if it's only a TnT. Mr. Bader, please continue to do what you're doing, racers and spectators are coming back to the Grove.

Regards,
Mike Novitsky

Posts: 5 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I've been out to Maple Grove twice this year, and I've thoroughly enjoyed each trip. It's always been a track I enjoyed going to.

Not to take anything away from Bill, you have to take in consideration that Englishtown is not running now, and I'm sure Maple Grove has picked up a few of those racers. Going through the Points list, I notice some South Mountain people roaming out to the Grove as well. Not surprising though as the owner at SM has his head in his @$$.

Posts: 343 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbt352:
Clint, as you know if anyone would turn it around, Billy would.

Yea I know was just pointing it out to the ones who said it wouldn’t happen.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wasn’t it said on here that even with Bill Bader running the show that nobody would go back? I noticed Maple Grove has over twice the racers in points than Numidia has

A friend won pro at Numidia Saturday and he said there was only 24 cars Frown They paid the full $1500 too.

Waiting for a chance to get to both Numidia and Maple Grove this season. Atco's doing well and keeping us busy ......

100+ cars in both classes is nice !!!!!

Posts: 1421 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mad Dog
posted Hide Post
It's great that a dragstrip that may have been going through "tough times" is making a comeback. Management and staffing are very important for any level of success. The objective of customer service has to be #1 with each and every employee from top to bottom of the operation. BB Jr has this figured out and very successfully applies it. Marketing, management, proper application of business plan, it may seem like a simple concept but many operations fall short of it's application.

We (as racers) should try our best to support any and all tracks in our area and applaud the successes of those that are having success. Many tracks have their issues. The ones that are taking meaningful steps to correct those issues have earned and deserve our support. The ones that are not, need our encouragement to take those steps...

Dan

Dan

DOES YOUR IDEOLOGY ALLOW YOU TO EQUITABLY APPLY STANDARDS OF ACCOUNTABILITY OR DOES IT PROMOTE THE PRACTICE OF HYPOCRISY?

Posts: 226 | Location: ... --- ... | Registered: November 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I was at the MG Lucas race and they did a great job that weekend.
Everyone in MG shirts looking spiffy and all the old staff at the starting line and burnout boxes.
Bill B. at the finish line smiling and making sure everyone is good down there.
Zero complaints other than the soft grass fields which are always a problem after a lot of rain.
A few guys got stuck but track and NHRA folks got them out....

I was told by a good friend who would know they had big car counts at MG and knew that would hurt Numidia.....
No doubt some former MG racers had been running Numidia and returned to MG with the new management....

I am very likely going to the Numidia Lucas race this weekend......

First NHRA Lucas race there in about 14-15 years......

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:
I was at the MG Lucas race and they did a great job that weekend.
Everyone in MG shirts looking spiffy and all the old staff at the starting line and burnout boxes.
Bill B. at the finish line smiling and making sure everyone is good down there.
Zero complaints other than the soft grass fields which are always a problem after a lot of rain.
A few guys got stuck but track and NHRA folks got them out....

I was told by a good friend who would know they had big car counts at MG and knew that would hurt Numidia.....
No doubt some former MG racers had been running Numidia and returned to MG with the new management....

I am very likely going to the Numidia Lucas race this weekend......

First NHRA Lucas race there in about 14-15 years......

Ditto on the recent divisional!

Posts: 2156 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zooom:
This past weekend @ MG was quite impressive. 103 cars in SP and 104 cars in Pro for the first round. When is the last time any track in this area has had that type of turn out? 10 years ago? Way to go MG for turning it around. The Lantern Fest was BIG, but look at the number of people sitting in the stands for a bracket race. During the 3rd round of eliminations, there was approximately 500+ spectators (non-racers) watching from the stands. I'm sure some of them may give this racing thing a try....even if it's only a TnT. Mr. Bader, please continue to do what you're doing, racers and spectators are coming back to the Grove.

Regards,
Mike Novitsky

in the interest of fair reporting and full disclosure I'll add this... I was still in super pro when we were called in for fourth rd at 7:30 pm . They then announced that racing was over for the day. What they said was there was a contract with the lantern festival that they had to stop the noise at a certain time and the track crew was not aware of this. Seems incredible but I believe them because they gave everyone two timeshots and even offered a cleanup for anyone who didn't get one. They did announce about six oclock that they wouldn't be able to turn on the lights so I figured then the race might not finish. They called us all up to the to the lanes and offered to try to finish on another day but most including me just wanted to split the money like a rain out. A while later they announced that in addition to the check for the purse they gave a car and driver entry pass to use later. They apologized up and down and I guess this was just a scheduling mistake really because it seemed strange to me that we were blasting down the track while those folks were trying to listen to music. I heard the guy from the band say 13000 people over on the other side but I don't know if that was actual number. They let us stay and watch the lanterns go up and my wife was with me and she really enjoyed it. It was quite a site to behold. They even let us stay in the track with our motorhome and leave sunday morning. I've been there twice this year and I cant get over how nice all the track people have been. I bet at least 25 of the super pro cars were foot brakers from pro double entering. I wish I lived closer, costs 100.00 just to make the trip with 28.00 tolls. I'm not really able to race for points seriously at that distance. Hopefully the rains will let up and they will make money.

Posts: 35 | Location: new jersey | Registered: January 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mad Dog:
It's great that a dragstrip that may have been going through "tough times" is making a comeback. Management and staffing are very important for any level of success. The objective of customer service has to be #1 with each and every employee from top to bottom of the operation. BB Jr has this figured out and very successfully applies it. Marketing, management, proper application of business plan, it may seem like a simple concept but many operations fall short of it's application.

We (as racers) should try our best to support any and all tracks in our area and applaud the successes of those that are having success. Many tracks have their issues. The ones that are taking meaningful steps to correct those issues have earned and deserve our support. The ones that are not, need our encouragement to take those steps...

Dan

Great post, X10000000000

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post