DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Super Gas finals at Vegas today
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Super Gas finals at Vegas today
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted
What happened? They showed Larry Scarth winning the semis over Mike Boehner but they show Boehner winning the finals. Did Larry get dq'd?

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
When I looked at the NHRA TV, the car numbers were flipped.

Posts: 81 | Location: Sacramento CA | Registered: November 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eric Arnett:
When I looked at the NHRA TV, the car numbers were flipped.

i watched all day cause I was hoping for a Scarth Ventura final. I never saw the numbers flipped but I was watching live timing.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
It confused me as well. I re-ran the math from the previous round and it didn't make any sense until it was explained (the car numbers between Mike Boehner and Larry Scarth being reversed). In any event congratulations to the winner Mike Boehner and the runner-up Roger Kato.

Bob

Posts: 3080 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RPROGAS:
It confused me as well. I re-ran the math from the previous round and it didn't make any sense until it was explained (the car numbers between Mike Boehner and Larry Scarth being reversed). In any event congratulations to the winner Mike Boehner and the runner-up Roger Kato.

Bob

I still don't understand. Didn't Larry win the semi run?

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Nope Mike won the semi's. I missed the tree.(darn). He deserved the win, he is very respectful and a nice young man. Good for him!

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1006 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I was watching live results all day hoping for a Scarth Ventura final. Whe Greg went red first I figured oh well, I still know one guy min the finals. It confused the hell out of me with no explanation anywhere.

DRR Trophy
Picture of sst5167
posted Hide Post
I've had to set the story straight on the semi final round to dozens of confused friends and family. I have not looked back at the video, nor have I looked at drag race central. I guess they just flip flopped our names?

Either way, it was nice to finally meet you in person Larry, and thank you for the kind words. I love our sport more than I can express in words, and the people in this sport is what makes me love it so much. More importantly than winning, I want my peers to respect me. So hearing you say what you did about me, means more than the win itself! Thank you!
In our very brief conversation, it was easy to see that you are one of the good guys. One that I will always be rooting for from now on (unless you are in the lane next to me!). Great job to you on great Las Vegas Finals!

Mike Boehner

Posts: 92 | Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ | Registered: January 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mike Boehner, Greg Ventura has always said nice things about you.
I've met Larry and he's a pretty good guy to. It was just a confusing issue on the internet. I guess everything you read on the internet isn't always true. Tip PC

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
Mike,

I should have introduced myself, but I gave you a quick “great job today” while you were talking to Donnie D at the back of our pit area Sunday evening.

Unbelievable finish to the season!

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3151 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of sst5167
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:
Mike,

I should have introduced myself, but I gave you a quick “great job today” while you were talking to Donnie D at the back of our pit area Sunday evening.

Unbelievable finish to the season!

No kidding?!!!! I wish you would have! I wouldn't even know what you looked like without you standing next to your cars!

Mike Boehner

Posts: 92 | Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ | Registered: January 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post