DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Larry Dixon files suit against NHRA
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Larry Dixon files suit against NHRA
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by I.P. Dailey:
quote:
I assuming he is referring to PDRA following NHRA's rulebook...……...

When you stage you take responsibility that the track is safe. I've seen it in court and its a tough one to beat.

It sure seems like we are rather forced to assume that a track has done their job to make sure the surface and conditions are somewhat safe. What can a racer do to inspect a track in the middle of a race? Isn't a safe place to race inherently what we are paying for when we race at a track?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6407 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Imagine what would happen if you tried to inspect the entire track before making a pass.......

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
I have taken responsibility to only run with an organization that I can trust that the track is safe. The Gainesville incident made me lose trust that the NHRA is capable of doing so.

My choice......

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post