DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Whats your favorite Dog?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats your favorite Dog?
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I don't have a dog but my wife does. She keeps my wife occupied and that means the wife leaves me alone. That is a better deal than I can say.

Posts: 30 | Location: Southwest IOWA | Registered: March 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post

This is my Boykin spaniel, Cowboy

Posts: 794 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Congradulations to OP. A thread that seems hard to find any real arguments on and it is here on DRR. Smile

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Heck my Golden retriever AKA jack. Is so well trained that in mornings when I tell him to take a Biden he walks over to side of road and takes a dump. Now that is a good boy.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
ya just could not let it be could ya thats why the left dislikes the right ya always gotta run your mouth-lol

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 407 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Lost my best friend Cami today. Tumor on her spleen burst, had no idea. Had to put her to sleep.
Horrible day folks.
What really pizzed me off was not our, or one vet within 30 miles would see her ( emergency) yesterday or today. I took her to UC Davis. That’s where I’ll be taking the rest of my dogs from now on. I’ve spent big money on local Vets. Now they will get an ear full.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BP758,

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4503 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Horrible day folks.

Sorry to hear this, a bitter pill for sure. Try not to let it eat at you as best you can.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear. I went thru a 3 year period were we had one a year pass away.

Loosing one is possibly the hardest thing there is in life.

Remember they are a huge part of our lives we are all of theirs.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BP758:
Lost my best friend Cami today. Tumor on her spleen burst, had no idea. Had to put her to sleep.
Horrible day folks.
What really pizzed me off was not our, or one vet within 30 miles would see her ( emergency) yesterday or today. I took her to UC Davis. That’s where I’ll be taking the rest of my dogs from now on. I’ve spent big money on local Vets. Now they will get an ear full.

Very sorry for your loss.

RIP Cami

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Thank you all! True they are family and more. Our Shepherd is already showing sadness. They know.
We have a new addition in October , 1 year old (Brindle Chihuahua) -Tucker because I couldn’t very well yell F’er come here? He’s not a Big but he thinks he is.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4503 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Sorry buddy, losing one sucks!

We had to put our big dog Buckaroo down awhile back. We just have Lucy left and she is fourteen.

They are sure a big part of your life and love you unconditionally!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
sorry to here BP758 its allways tough to lose your best buddy we to have given up on local vets and go to the animal research center at Iowa State University they are the best around here and only 35 miles away

Posts: 407 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Horrible day folks.

Sorry for your lost.

Posts: 2963 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lost my best friend Cami today.

I am sorry for your loss.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4016 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for the reply.
Not worthy

Raceless in California!

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Yeager
posted Hide Post
Sorry for you loss Barry.

Mark Yeager

Posts: 1380 | Location: Hollister,CA | Registered: April 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
So after talking with UC Davis Dr. We are having the students do the autopsy for training and the learning curve, hopefully we can find out why so many tumors.

Raceless in California!

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I live alone
I go on vacations/travel, and I work 9 hrs a day. Weekends consist of taking clients fishing. I'm home for a couple hours on Sunday at the most

Dogs can't go with me. So I don't have dogs.

I can't leave a dog at home by itself for that long. I'd have poop and pee all over the place, torn up furniture, hair, etc

so I got a cat.

Nice thing about a cat--ain't no mice spiders crickets rats bats bugs, none of that in the house or shop-at all. Cat keeps them run off. Plus I can go away for days and it'll take care of itself so long as theres food and water available.

Mine, it fetches, it sits when asked (most of the time), it will roll over, plays like a kitten for 4 hours a day (fetch a ball or Q-tip or whatever), mostly does what we want it to. Mind you it's still a cat-which has a mind of it's own.

I'm a dog person but this cat is certainly an interesting undertaking. I never seen a dog kill rats and mice, not instinctively anyway. Fun to watch him stalk and kill mice.

The down side....gotta keep the litter box clean (no big deal) and have to deal with it bring me a rat head once in a while, or a rat missing a head. Only when I'm in the shop though. Stays inside most of the time, goes out to chase critters.

had a heeler, 11 years when she passed away. Then I moved and decided that I wanted a pet, but couldn't keep another heeler because of my lifestyle. Hence, rescue cat.

Posts: 106 | Location: Il,IL | Registered: March 22, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
That’s cool M80!
There is a Div 7 alcohol team who has a pit cat. I kid you not he comes to visit us! Cool cat!!

Raceless in California!

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
"It's like nobody's seen a cat before"

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post