DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Whats your favorite Dog?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats your favorite Dog?
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
As a young man it was large dogs only for me. But when the wife bought a Maltese I changed my mind. Others mentioned boundaries, once you showed our male the physical boundaries he wouldn't go into the adjacent yard or the street, even when chasing a cat! Once he knew what the rules were he was glad to comply. One thing for sure, I will never have a dog that wants to run away again. If they want to go fine.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Black Lab

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1658 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Covey:
Yorkie here. I've had 3, great lap dog if that's what you like.

Dave

Our labs have all been too. Not always a terrific thing. But never cold in the winter!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6406 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I like Dobermans, Mine does is having a little trouble getting used to the track but he will be okay.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4010 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Have had 2 Jack-Rat terrier mixes really smart dogs latest one is almost 15 gonna miss him both were rescues-ya even leftys like dogs

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 406 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
My last dog was a Jack Russel that died at 18. Loved to ride my scooter. More people at the track knew him than knew me

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
I like Dobermans, Mine does is having a little trouble getting used to the track but he will be okay.

Yours has separation anxiety. I don't think he could stand to be away from you for the 5 minutes you would be gone making a run..lol
Big Grin

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3309 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
German Wirehaired Pointer

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
Always took mine to the track when I had a motorhome (and raced)

Yeller lab
Mini American Eskimo
Treeing walker coonhound

Now we have a mini schnauzer

Favorite is a mutt.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 739 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
German Shepherd Dogs; noble, dignified and scary smart- like me! Big Grin

Posts: 606 | Location: Lakewood, Co. | Registered: January 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Covey:
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:

Yours has separation anxiety. I don't think he could stand to be away from you for the 5 minutes you would be gone making a run..lol
Big Grin

Dave

Lol, Ya Think!

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4010 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
German shepherds and corgies

This message has been edited. Last edited by: THE HAMMER,

Posts: 1015 | Location: LIVERMORE CA. | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
German Shepherd Dogs

That's my brother all the way. But he sure complains about them shedding!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
australian shepherd. uncanny intelligence and abilities.

Posts: 1240 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I've owned chows, German shepherds, labs, Australian shepherds, dachshunds, Yorky's.

Everyone of them I've said was the best dogs. It's a matter of spending time with them.

My current dogs go everywhere with me.

Make sure you got a good vet, and not a sadistic one.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
We have had many & each was our favorite in different ways!

Our current most favorite is Gibbs, a 140-150 lb. German Sheppard. I'm missing him today, he had to have surgery to remove a cancerous growth on his left rear foot. He should be home later this evening but has to take it easy for a couple weeks.

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2546 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 67TSCHEVY2:
australian shepherd. uncanny intelligence and abilities.

Had one.She passed at 14. Smart as he11, just loved to get hurt on weekends when only the emergency vet was open to take her too. She was the first of an ongoing line of Rottens. Her name was Molly rotten, her sister was Snowball rotten(Eskimo Spitz) and now Jack rotten (golden retriever). He has huge separation issues. If you want to find Chris look for Jack he will be close by.

Again dogs are great and people generally suck;

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
B King I will say a little prayer for your 4 legged child.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
I miss my Akitas.Not much barking but took care of business,

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Footloose:
B King I will say a little prayer for your 4 legged child.

Thanks Footloose! Gibbs made it home yesterday afternoon, still all drugged up & a cone on his head. Now we just wait on the test results to see if they got all the cancer.

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2546 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post