DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Local parts store prices
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Local parts store prices
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Cancer is a good description.
Still he’s hung up thinking it would be worthwhile to exert energy to seek him out. Then what? Assault a midget? Where’s the up side to that?
The fact is he’s no more important than the proverbial bottle cap. Something appropriate to ignore or discard.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
BlahBlah talk for yourself retard and I’m easy to find for the few haters here but they would first have to leave their duck pond then the p u s s I e s would need to grow some balls!

Ski has seen me several times at Numidia over the past 7-10 years and maybe briefly he said hello once otherwise he has never spoken to me no mind posed a threat to me! That said, he was never around long, losing early and his car doesn’t/didn’t work well

Says the 160 lb soaking wet, 60 year old geezer too old to race his own cars.

If someone were to plow you, you'd call the police, then your attorney in that order. Smile

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
No one will plow you Ed, you're too small.

On the other hand, if you're dying to get plowed, talk to people in person the way you do here, that'll be your best bet for getting plowed.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
183N just proved everything you ever said about him and his wife, was total Bullchit.

This is how normal people deal with the little man complex, in any room.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
All the BS is how topics become unhinged.

Nothing has anything to do with parts store prices.

All the local stores sold out to chain stores.
My Napa was a small local chain(10+/- stores).Knowledgeable help but changed when bought out by companies that look at profits over customer service.

In my area, advance and Napa are better than AutoZone. They still service shops. One will deliver to my house. The discount provided by advance is worth it since I'm looking it up to see if it's in stock. Buy online & save.

On another note, I hear O'REILLY'S commercials all the time on the radio locally. There are none located within states of me!

Back to your dyck swinging contest. I'm going to do some more yard work. Leaves are going to fall fast tomorrow I'm thinking, getting a little weather.

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Retard, not one of the the keyboard tough guys here aka HATERS is ever going to “plow” me and that includes you. You nor they have the balls much less the skills but if you want to prove me wrong and try to be that guy, I’m easy to find. Now STFU with your keyboard warrior bullshyt!

Again, I only shop local auto parts stores for chemicals, cleaning products and generic parts. All other parts for my daily are OEM purchased from the dealer.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
BlahBlah talk for yourself retard and I’m easy to find for the few haters here but they would first have to leave their duck pond then the p u s s I e s would need to grow some balls!

Ski has seen me several times at Numidia over the past 7-10 years and maybe briefly he said hello once otherwise he has never spoken to me no mind posed a threat to me! That said, he was never around long, losing early and his car doesn’t/didn’t work well

Says the 160 lb soaking wet, 60 year old geezer too old to race his own cars.

If someone were to plow you, you'd call the police, then your attorney in that order. Smile

Quoted for truth. He’s even said before how he’d call his lawyer if someone touched him. The big talk about assaulting people is relatively new. We’ll see what next year brings. Big Grin

Posts: 714 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Ass hole post the quote or stfu p u s s y. You’ve had your chance to back up your mouth here and have shown everyone watching in person that you ain’t got shyt for me again this year when you were standing 75 feet from me in the lanes and everyone that was with me said “he won’t come over” How many more years do we have to wait? No balls!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Didn’t even see you in the lanes, must have looked right over your head! Big Grin Was that before or after the rods came out of the fireturd for the second year in a row and your driver kept his foot in it all the way to the second turnoff?

I do recall you had nothing to say and kept walking when I told you your new engine is a turd. I suppose if you wanted to say something to me in person that would have been a perfect opportunity, but you chose not to. We’ll see what next year brings.

Posts: 714 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 183N:
Quoted for truth. He’s even said before how he’d call his lawyer if someone touched him. The big talk about assaulting people is relatively new. We’ll see what next year brings. Big Grin

Yep, he posted that 2 or 3 years ago if I remember right. Sounds like almost the exact wording. He can't make up his mind to be a PU$$Y or keyboard tough guy.

He also plays stupid on his $10K call out bet with a DRR member in 2017 or 2018, that he welched on.

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2545 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sr4440
posted Hide Post
It's time!

Without data, you’re just another guy with an opinion.

Posts: 1300 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
1. You’re a liar in addition to a p u s s y! You absolutely saw me and you never said as I walked to my golf cart that my engine was a turd, you said I need more horsepower. That statement and hello was all you’ve had the balls to say to me in person the past 4 years.

2. I’ve stated here before I’ve got nothing to say to you but if you want to escalate this I’m more than ready!

Still no quote because I never stated it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
My advance an o Reilly if you pay cash will ring it up under a shop….much cheaper…small home town though

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The funny thing here is ‘ol Piggles is supposed to be on vacation in Colorado right now as he stated in another thread.

Instead of enjoying his vacation with people in person, he’s banging away on his keyboard trying to win the internet as usual Big Grin

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Wrong ass hole I never said I was on vacation.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I spent the afternoon working on my rusty ass 2007 GMC

Installing all new parking brake parts and rear shocks along with boogger welding in a new upper shock mount on the driver upper side to what little was left of the spare tire crossmember

NJ winters and brine spray wreaks havoc on these poor trucks...

Every part I Installed came from Rock Auto and has been laying in boxes for 8 months waiting for me to install them

Whoever designed these parking brakes needs a beating !! On a 2500 series truck you have to pull the axle and the hub to get at this stuff. It's not a new design and was used on Corvettes from their first years with disc brakes....maybe other cars too but I can't recall.

I only got one side done and have to do the "good side" tomorrow or maybe another day.....

RUST never sleeps and it doesn't care where your parts came from or how much you paid for them.....

I was gonna buy a new truck but this old one still runs, drives like new regardless of the rusty rear frame under the bed.....

The fuel lines, brake lines and trans cooler lines I've replaced all came from sources other than the dealer

I did replace a trans cooler line that was "weeping" with a GM supplied supposed "upgraded" line and after a few months it BLEW the f'ck out right at the crimp from metal to rubber...

My Allison trans dumped most of the TranSynd fluid that was not very old all over the ground and I towed my truck to my shop to fix it...

I cut all the original trans cooler lines apart and used the original metal sections, flared them and had a local truck shop make me rubber sections to make the connections...

The OEM lines were known to start leaking at the rubber to metal connections.....GM replacement line didn't just leak, it blew the h-e-l-l apart...It was made in Canada...

My home made lines have been on the truck for at least 5 years and NO LEAKS....GM lines were junk.

Their brakes and shocks are no better than any decent aftermarket parts..

I'm bored other wise I wouldn't ramble on about such a stupid topic.....LOL

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Rich, I couldn’t disagree more about the shocks and especially the brakes and the lines on my ‘05 never rusted out or blew apart and that truck had north of 350k on it when I sold it.

Got new genuine GM rotors and pads going on all 4 corners next week. I even use genuine GM wiper blades.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:
I spent the afternoon working on my rusty ass 2007 GMC

Installing all new parking brake parts and rear shocks along with boogger welding in a new upper shock mount on the driver upper side to what little was left of the spare tire crossmember

NJ winters and brine spray wreaks havoc on these poor trucks...

Every part I Installed came from Rock Auto and has been laying in boxes for 8 months waiting for me to install them

Whoever designed these parking brakes needs a beating !! On a 2500 series truck you have to pull the axle and the hub to get at this stuff. It's not a new design and was used on Corvettes from their first years with disc brakes....maybe other cars too but I can't recall.

I only got one side done and have to do the "good side" tomorrow or maybe another day.....

RUST never sleeps and it doesn't care where your parts came from or how much you paid for them.....

I was gonna buy a new truck but this old one still runs, drives like new regardless of the rusty rear frame under the bed.....

The fuel lines, brake lines and trans cooler lines I've replaced all came from sources other than the dealer

I did replace a trans cooler line that was "weeping" with a GM supplied supposed "upgraded" line and after a few months it BLEW the f'ck out right at the crimp from metal to rubber...

My Allison trans dumped most of the TranSynd fluid that was not very old all over the ground and I towed my truck to my shop to fix it...

I cut all the original trans cooler lines apart and used the original metal sections, flared them and had a local truck shop make me rubber sections to make the connections...

The OEM lines were known to start leaking at the rubber to metal connections.....GM replacement line didn't just leak, it blew the h-e-l-l apart...It was made in Canada...

My home made lines have been on the truck for at least 5 years and NO LEAKS....GM lines were junk.

Their brakes and shocks are no better than any decent aftermarket parts..

I'm bored other wise I wouldn't ramble on about such a stupid topic.....LOL

Would it have killed them to use stainless for the brake lines? I replaced every damn brake line on my 2000 Silverado. Really wasn't used much in the winter. Had to replace the rockers and cab corners though.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Rich, I couldn’t disagree more about the shocks and especially the brakes and the lines on my ‘05 never rusted out or blew apart and that truck had north of 350k on it when I sold it.

Got new genuine GM rotors and pads going on all 4 corners next week. I even use genuine GM wiper blades.

You must drive to NYC in a sealed dry tube in the winters ! LOL
I don't know anyone with a GM pickup from that era that didn't suffer from rusted everything lines and I see much newer trucks with rusted out rear wheel openings every day....
Mine did it there too....I covered it with larger wheel flares

Drivers side is always the worst due to the buildup of the brine spray on the roads

Only thing I'm guilty of is never going to a car wash regularly

I washed the heck out of my old white truck and it rusted anyway but nowhere near as bad as my current truck

It's your money and your choice to buy wherever and whatever parts you prefer.....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Most parts come off the same boat and then they are repackaged with different names. FACT.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post