DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Beach Bend Raceway (Dragstrip)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beach Bend Raceway (Dragstrip)
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
I'm thinking about putting this place (Beach Bend Raceway) on my Bucket List for dragstrips. I've raced at a good many tracks across the U.S.; NHRA, IHRA & outlaw tracks. The other tracks on the list are Indy & Brainerd. Who's raced there & what did you think about the place?

Anyone else have a list of tracks they wish to race at?

2BKing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2515 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
never can tell---after racing at over 50 I might just find some more

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of LARAY
posted Hide Post
You won't find a better facility and a very well run program.

Posts: 579 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: January 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Bathrooms are air conditioned, and spotless clean as Orlando's.

Probably 20 or so clean public showers.

Covered stands (shaded)

Friendly people work the place.

Nice drag strip, I'd give it a 10.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CrewMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LARAY:
You won't find a better facility and a very well run program.

Been a long long time since I have been there - but even then....dead on with a zero Big Grin

"Some things are better left unsaid... usually it's the S**T I blurt out first.

Posts: 116 | Location: Loveland, Ohio | Registered: September 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
had dallas walk up to me in the lanes as i'm in the car completely ready to pull in the water two pair back to yell at me that i need to ready before i pull in the water box lol my buddy and i were baffled by that.

it is a cool place, staging lanes are part of the circle track. feels somewhat nostalgic with the stands.

you'll find indy unimpressive, it's a dump.

Posts: 549 | Location: somewhere between been and never was | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Really neat place, lots of trees in a park like setting but god it is hot and humid in the summer. We went last year to the divisional the week before Indy, water grains were like 160, it felt like a sauna with no breeze at all

Posts: 2410 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
It is Hot!!

It was worth the ride, I got to race the Caboose, Plymouth hatchback.

Killer race.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Really cool place raced there back when 10 granders were big money-lol very well run track nice campground next door

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 400 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by I Hate Dragsters:
you'll find indy unimpressive, it's a dump.

LOL, thanks for the honesty!

It's more of running the big event there. We were supposed to go back in 2006 when I was running a S/C truck & I can't remember why the owner canceled. Anyway, the dump is added to the list. Eek

2BKing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2515 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Everytime I have gone to Bowling Green,it rains. And it gets really hot and miserable.
I like Brainerd.Indy needs some upkeep, but I wouldn't call it a dump.
My bucket list track is Charlotte.Always wanted to race there.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Zmax will be a let down for sure.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Norwalk is a must experience.

Love Beech Bend.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1621 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Paul S/Q
posted Hide Post
race at beech bend and Indy all the time ... beech bend is nice .... but its the hottest place on the face of the earth in August ..

Posts: 783 | Location: hopefully pickin up a check in the winners circle | Registered: November 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Zmax will be a let down for sure.

So it's not really the "Bellagio" of dragstrips?

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the civil discussion on Beach Bend & the other tracks!

What started my thinking on this bucket list is my plan for next year. I go back to MI usually just one time a year, Aug.- Sept. time of year. 2 or 3 times in past years, been 5 years; I take the race car with & do some racing along the way & plenty in MI.

Anyway, next year hoping to do a 2 month + racing/vacation trip back to Mi. So, I'm trying to pencil in some different places to race along the way. Plus, race in MI & surrounding states. Then find a couple tracks on the way home to race. Regardless, I'm sure many of the tracks will be hot & humid during the July-Aug time frame.

2BKing
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Trophy
Picture of 69dart
posted Hide Post
Norwalk and Beech Bend are the best. Beech Bend was the stickiest track I have ever seen.

Posts: 27 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
There's nothing quite like the feeling of rolling down the hill to the water box, and staging up between those covered grandstands at Beech Bend, especially if you're into 5th or 6th round and the seats are filled in a bit.....

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1621 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post