Tesla Model S Plaid

This topic can be found at:
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/75460652/m/3537038896

July 02, 2022, 01:46 PM
Goob
Tesla Model S Plaid
quote:
Originally posted by M802138:
Yeah that's another issue. Those cars weigh, what? 4700 lbs? Wreck a 4700 lb car at 150+ and if you hit another car, it's GOING to be ugly.

Yup, that mother could drive right through the best retaining walls with that mass and speed.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375
July 02, 2022, 08:26 PM
SS427IMP
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
quote:
Yeah that's another issue. Those cars weigh, what? 4700 lbs? Wreck a 4700 lb car at 150+ and if you hit another car, it's GOING to be ugly.

Yup, that mother could drive right through the best retaining walls with that mass and speed.
What keeps them from removing weight?
July 02, 2022, 09:12 PM
RPROGAS
By the time you make that Tesla legal to run in S/C that 5000 pound car will weigh in around 5600 to 5800 pounds. I don't care what type of transbrake you use it's never going to cut a competitive .400 light..... plus at 161 it's not going to out MPH most of todays S/C dragsters.

First round duck!

Bob
July 03, 2022, 12:27 AM
imakehp
It will launch and run much better than a conventional race car with an empty gas tank.

They don't even have enough respect to continue to lie to us.

https://www.newsweek.com/video...ver-1m-times-1721022

Dave

F J B

July 03, 2022, 09:04 AM
Goob
quote:
Originally posted by SS427IMP:
quote:
quote:

What keeps them from removing weight?

I dunno, 40,000 AA batteries?

Dave Cook
N375
July 03, 2022, 10:10 AM
Canted Valve
Just reading on my Oklahoma plate and vehicle registration renewal notice: "Electric Vehicle Fee: Beginning November 1, 2021, qualified electric vehicles are subject to additional initial and renewal registration fees based on the weight of the vehicle."

Sounds like maybe we'll be wearing out the roads a bit quicker? Is asphalt good for the environment?

Illegitimi non carborundum
July 05, 2022, 10:37 PM
Will Harrison
quote:
Originally posted by BP758:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Holytown:
I don't like the EV's, but can you imagine how much publicity someone would get for just showing up in one and losing first round?

Bet they'd get just as much TV time as the Pro's

Pretty sure NHRA made a rule that they have to be in their own class though?

As it should.
These things are giant wheel counting / traction control machines.
By rights, any factory ABS equipped car should be banned from bracket / index racing.

That’s what I been sayin for quite a while now. Any good driver will do really well in one. Just think, the dam thing can drive itself! From the beer joint to the house! Home Jeebs!
Good 5tenths car but not 4.
you wanna know something even more interesting, they can identify and react to a tree no matter where it is in front of them. I learned a bunch during a test drive. The car tells you when the light changes. Think how easy that would be to program into the car not just telling you, but reacting on its own. Which it does if you get the full self driving option. All of them have autopilot, which is impressive, but not all of them have full self driving (FSD).

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link
July 09, 2022, 12:46 PM
M802138
quote:
Originally posted by Will Harrison:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I don't like the EV's, but can you imagine how much publicity someone would get for just showing up in one and losing first round?

As it should.
By rights, any factory ABS equipped car should be banned from bracket / index racing.

That’s what I been sayin for quite a while now. Any good driver will do really well in one. Just think, the dam thing can drive itself! From the beer joint to the house! Home Jeebs!
you wanna know something even more interesting, they can identify and react to a tree no matter where it is in front of them. I learned a bunch during a test drive. The car tells you when the light changes. Think how easy that would be to program into the car not just telling you, but reacting on its own. Which it does if you get the full self driving option. All of them have autopilot, which is impressive, but not all of them have full self driving (FSD).

which is a few reasons they should be in a class of their own
July 09, 2022, 12:48 PM
M802138
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
Just reading on my Oklahoma plate and vehicle registration renewal notice: "Electric Vehicle Fee: Beginning November 1, 2021, qualified electric vehicles are subject to additional initial and renewal registration fees based on the weight of the vehicle."

Sounds like maybe we'll be wearing out the roads a bit quicker? Is asphalt good for the environment?

across the border from you, my car costs $37.50 to register. But if it were EV, $200+. Also personal property tax is higher. They're gonna get that tax out of "us" somehow, maybe not in gas, but they'll get it somewhere.
July 10, 2022, 01:33 PM
Goob
quote:
Originally posted by Will Harrison:
quote:
quote:
quote:

As it should.

YouTube video points out a fella who supposedly has done just that. Not going to try to verify it myself.
Go to the 7:35 mark

Actual run came up with a .014 R/T

Dave Cook
N375