Find
Notify
Tools

air density online
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
Airdensityonline is site I have be using for weather info. Checked against 4 weather stations and it is dead on every time we checked it. Covers most drag strips,hell even some in NC that I have never heard of.

Not saying replaces your weather station. It is a good option and maybe a backup plan. Give it a look if never have.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4170 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted Hide Post
We use it in our www.DragRaceCentral.com reporting across America, as it is updated regularly and way more than adequate for our needs.

Not having to run outside with a hand held weather station between round to get Temperature, Humidity, Corrected Barometer, and Density Altitude has been a great benefit to our reporters!

Posts: 413 | Location: Fullerton, CA | Registered: June 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of C Hodge
posted Hide Post
Was good till dark sky shut down but what there using now may update in 30 min and could be 2 hours

Posts: 235 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: December 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Been using air density online for years it’s not perfect but it’s a good baseline. After my handheld died and they wanted 400 bucks to fix the $550 machine and air density online on my phone it works for me. I’ll check it with my friends trailer mounted where the station and it’ll be a little off . That’s why I just use as a baseline. What do you expect for a no cost no brain weather station. And another thing I’d like is they have like 36 hour future guess of the weather. I’ll give it a B+

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2697 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
History look is pretty nice also

Posts: 549 | Location: somewhere between been and never was | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
Been using air density online for years it’s not perfect but it’s a good baseline. After my handheld died and they wanted 400 bucks to fix the $550 machine and air density online on my phone it works for me. I’ll check it with my friends trailer mounted where the station and it’ll be a little off . That’s why I just use as a baseline. What do you expect for a no cost no brain weather station. And another thing I’d like is they have like 36 hour future guess of the weather. I’ll give it a B+

So buddy's trailer unit is off? LOL

Have not seen two that read exactly the same. I figure as long as using the same piece every time and working around that you are going to get good tuning info.

Now on history book I would trust that on et prediction more than a computer. Old school paper record here and will have on the computer. One thing is for sure battery never goes bad on paper. May exist but never found a handheld that had tune up changes as part of the program. Timing curve, nozzle change, barrel valve or plug change all affect et as much as the weather. I know bracket racers never change anything.

Posts: 4170 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Chris I’m with you , paper is the way to go! If the pull weather from one source its just a base to work with. Slips fit in my pocket and have all the info I need to predict the next round with in .005

Posts: 2697 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have been using it for while. I actually take a screen shot of the weather during my time run, then use the edit photo feature and write the ET on it.
It's a quick log book option until I document the runs later

the biggest gap in the world is the gap between "I should" and "I did"
Jeff Gatlin

Posts: 140 | Location: ST. AUGUSTINE, FL US | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Funny thing I did not find app till after buying a used hand held that was not close to most i compared with. Upside is I sold that weather station for exactly what I had in it. Now if phone has no internet I am back to deep breath grab a jet and shoe polish.LOL

DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
Is this air density online an app or just a website? I'm having trouble finding the app.

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SlyFox:
Is this air density online an app or just a website? I'm having trouble finding the app.

https://airdensityonline.com/us-track-list/

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3149 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:

I hate apps , website only!
Haha

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
guess it is website. Hell what difference in the two.LOL I know the difference just the same shyt to me. Hell, I am the guy with the engine out front. would you expect anything except old school?

Besides men have the power out front.Others have it in the rear. Could have helped myself if I tried.

DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen, thanks again!

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gentlemen, thanks again!

Really? If did not like the front engine vs rear engine joke you could just say so. LOL

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I do not trust the online deal. I have two different weather stations and use both. Have a trailer mounted system and a Performaire handheld.

They are reading exactly at that time at that location.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3977 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
I race a street car. I don't really use the weather info to predict ET one round to the next. I use it more to compare the car's performance to what I would expect based on the weather. My car varies about two tenths in ET and 2 mph in the 1/4 mile based on really good air vs bad air. So if I'm on the two tenths slow side, I can check the air for a sanity check that nothing is wrong with the car. Humidity seems to impact my car's performance more so than air temperature.

Mike

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
I do not trust the online deal. I have two different weather stations and use both. Have a trailer mounted system and a Performaire handheld.

They are reading exactly at that time at that location.

Can not say always the case. I have compared it to 3 others and been with then 200' and was in middle of the four weather stations. Now if you do not have internet phone or area then you are screwed.LOL

Hey us broke dyck racers have to take shortcuts.LOL

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I think the air density online is a good general weather reading. I have compared it in the past the local airport weather in the same area as the track and sometimes it's spot on and other times not so much. Here is the link to the NOAA web site.

https://forecast.weather.gov/M...-77.894#.ZF7m8RHMLtQ

I like using my Kestrel 5100 and Crew chief. I take it with me to the line and hit the capture button when my sons leave the line, that way I figure I have an exact snapshot of the weather conditions when the car makes the pass. I put those numbers on the time slip and enter them into crew chief. Water Grains affect our injected methanol car the most. The Kestrel will also log the weather for the day at different time intervals and you can download it to your laptop and print the days weather out.

https://kestrelinstruments.com...racing-weather-meter

The Kestrel is very sensitive, so you have to watch where you keep it for the day, I hang ours off the lanyard in the trailer out of direct sunlight and off my belt hoop in the lanes.

Posts: 105 | Location: upstate NY | Registered: January 15, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of The Hawk
posted Hide Post
I had no idea about this site. Very cool for sure! I never use a weather station but this could help in some instances!

lane weber

perfecting a better mousetrap

Posts: 157 | Location: Littleton, Colorado | Registered: November 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post