DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Holding and Killing #'s Questions
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holding and Killing #'s Questions
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
In my limited race experience I have found most habitual holders also are habitual stripe hogs. Some are smart enough to not play that game but I have found most seem to employ both strategies, hold and hog..

As for me I try to do a variety of strategies depending on the opponent and type of racing, bracket, index, Q16 stuff. Ill Hold, dial honest, and dial over all used situationally. I have dialed over many times while index racing, I am talking one over type deal and just leg it out. Especially while in S/ST running much slower MPH cars. But have also had success doing it to higher MPH cars as well. It just depends on the situation of whom is in the other lane, what have been doing over the weekend etc.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 984 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Al Alguire:
In my limited race experience, I have found most habitual holders also are habitual stripe hogs. Some are smart enough to not play that game but I have found most seem to employ both strategies, hold and hog..

Hold and hog, I like that phrase! As for me I always hold, it's just the matter of how much or little. I used to always take the stripe if it was close & I was able to. Now, I don't have a problem of giving up the stripe; even though I can take it.

I use many factors that go into taking or not taking the stripe. I'm not going to go into what I use. I'm sure there's room for me to improve & I strive to do that. The one thing I always say to myself going down the track; does the race look right. I consider myself an instinctive driver, that seems to consistently finds himself in the finals.

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2493 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post