Find
Notify
Tools

trailer wax
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
Had cpl steaks starting on trailer and figured to head them off. Used a cleaner wax I use on trucks and worked fine. Wondering what most are using to protect trailer finish. Getting head start prepping for winter. Have trailer cover but huge PIA to get on and only use when its knowingly going to be sitting for month or more.

So what wax you love and which ones you hate. I use to love liquid glass until it became 40 bucks a can.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4178 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Da Shoe
posted Hide Post
Ive been using the PRESTA NANO CLEANER WAX. Trailer is kept outside and is 8 years old and still shines. recently I have used this then put the Maguire's Ceramic system on it (yellow bottle and blue bottle spray) and water beads. No issues at all.

Posts: 608 | Location: Da Swamp!!!! | Registered: October 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I've never waxed my trailers and the previous as well the newest all look great years after they rolled out of the manufactures lot sitting outside all year long.

They just get regular washings throughout the year from Blue Beacon Truck Wash. Big Grin

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
For those considering spray-on ceramic coating I recently bought the Turtle Wax brand but have yet to use it. It will go on over a fresh clay barring and Mcquire's synthetic sealant 2.0. This regimen is on a well maintained vehicle.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2331 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
if you want to apply a ceramic coating, this is what I had applied to my daughter's black Jeep, in August 2019 after taking delivery of it new in July 2019 and it still looks like new 15 months later.

https://www.simoniz.com/car-wa...ducts/diamond-plate/

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Thanks canted valve. Informative video .

Posts: 4178 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Meguires cleaner wax...cheap at walmart. Get the liguid in red bottle, not the paste.

The streakin Beacon will remove wax in one trip. They cant be trusted NOT TO USE THE ACID IMO. Rewax and its back to new looking.

You will be shocked what a 10 year old trailer will look like when done waxing.

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Check out Majestic Solutions products. I have no affiliation but the gentleman I purchased my RV from was friends with the owner and he turned me onto their stuff. Just flat out great stuff. There SHOCK IT ceramic spray is AWESOME!!! Their Black Mamba wax is really nice too. I use the shock in on everything, even did my refrigerator with it. Just love their stuff. Based out of Raliegh and they have a store in Charlotte I believe. I also really like Meguiars Synthetic Wax but wear rubber gloves that stuff tears up my hands BAD!

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Been sing Mequires cleaner wax for few years. It is good. Always looking for better than. I just need some cheap labor to apply the wax.LOL

DRR Trophy
Picture of dragracer2757
posted Hide Post
griots garage machine polish works wonders. its the old "pink stuff" formula from 3m.. from trailers to shiny black paint,awesome product

Posts: 62 | Location: old hickory tn | Registered: December 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
If you want to keep the sides clean, keep the top clean.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post