DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    trailer interior trim pieces
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

trailer interior trim pieces
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
Have been looking for trim pieces for inside the trailer with zero luck. I need to find the little aluminum strip that goes over edge of carpet where it meets aluminum(carpet half way up wall).

Could use some trim around door openings tocover aluminum edges. Hey might as well go for it all while asking. LOL

Trailer manufacture has bee less than zero help. Guess once you checkbook leave property thay are done. Not LOL

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4176 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
if you took a ride to Elkhart, Indiana you could get everything you need. Short of that call all the parts departments of the trailer builders there and order what you need.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Most can be purchased at Lowes/Home depot ETC in the carpeting dept. AKA transition strips All sorts of types/lengths.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TD3550:
Most can be purchased at Lowes/Home depot ETC in the carpeting dept. AKA transition strips All sorts of types/lengths.

Yea thats a last resort. They are no where near what I have seen in most trailer. Seems should be simple piece to find.WRONG.. I know someone screws them up occasionally and want to replace them. Might check few more stores that carry specialty home items.

The ones I have seen are just shallow c channel that caps over carpet edge and you scrtew it thru center to wall .Maybe 1.25" to 1.5" wide.

Thanks for suggestions guys.

Posts: 4176 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of Volunteer
posted Hide Post
Mcmaster Carr sells polished stainless J channel in 4 foot lengths. It worked perfect for carpeting walls and trim in our trailer.

Moderator "On Board"

www.dragraceresults.com

Posts: 170 | Location: DragRaceResults.com | Registered: February 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Volunteer:
Mcmaster Carr sells polished stainless J channel in 4 foot lengths. It worked perfect for carpeting walls and trim in our trailer.

Whoa! Volunteer is back.... hmmm...

Mikey

Posts: 1706 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Showtime296
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
Have been looking for trim pieces for inside the trailer with zero luck. I need to find the little aluminum strip that goes over edge of carpet where it meets aluminum(carpet half way up wall).

Could use some trim around door openings tocover aluminum edges. Hey might as well go for it all while asking. LOL

Trailer manufacture has bee less than zero help. Guess once you checkbook leave property thay are done. Not LOL

It’s mirror j channel. Go to your local glass and mirror shop they will have all you need

Performance Glass
Meziere
Chassis Engineering
FTI converters

Posts: 258 | Location: Eattin' a Sammich | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Thanks will give that a shot Monday.Most here take good Friday for Easter.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TD3550:

I used this in my trailer... I nice bold look...and actually holds up the carpet rather that relaying the glue to hold up with all the weather changes pulling on the carpet.

Also you put it up last, so you don't have to have the edging perfect.

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1219 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of MOD894
posted Hide Post
Haulmark sells it online

https://store.haulmark.com/ALU...FT-SECTION-P224.aspx

Just Another Pontiac

Posts: 48 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: April 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 369dragster
posted Hide Post
I used polished J channel that came from a glass company for making mirrors.

Ken

Posts: 319 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Metal Supermarkets might also be an option for you....They will send you any size/length/shape of metal they have in stock, no minimums....

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys will check a cpl of those.