DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    The Flings Race Series 2023 Schedule
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Flings Race Series 2023 Schedule
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
I see yesterday the Flings 2023 schedule was posted. What I & a few others noticed/commented, the Million is in Las Vegas. We thought the Fling Million was supposed to rotate & has. Anyway, it was in Las Vegas 2022 & is advertised for Las Vegas in 2023.

2BKing Cool

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2549 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
The fling million has always been in Vegas.

Posts: 100 | Location: Albuquerque | Registered: September 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by S/C718:

You sure about that?

"LAS VEGAS – The K&N Spring Fling Million presented by Optima Batteries comes home to the Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. After a schedule and venue change last season which saw sportsman legend Scotty Richardson take home the Million at Bristol Dragway, the Fling brand returns to Las Vegas this week."

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2549 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
They had it there in 2020 due to COVID restrictions. Not because it was going to rotate venues.

Posts: 100 | Location: Albuquerque | Registered: September 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
They had it there in 2020 due to COVID restrictions. Not because it was going to rotate venues.

So it hasn't always been in Vegas?

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4467 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
So it hasn't always been in Vegas?

It hasn't "always been in Vegas", no matter the reason. Wink

Now, who's planning on entering the Million? I don't even like calling it that.

Right now, my plans are to enter; I thought I was going to be traveling for the race.

2BKing Big Grin

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Since I'm always going to have to travel hundreds of miles to race now days, I'm only going to go to multi-day, one race a day races.

Spring Fling, Turkey Race ect

Never raced the Million, is it a multi race deal?

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4467 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
Since I'm always going to have to travel hundreds of miles to race now days, I'm only going to go to multi-day, one race a day races.

Spring Fling, Turkey Race ect

Never raced the Million, is it a multi race deal?

Dave,

The Spring Fling Million is mixed in with an additional 3 $30K races (2022) in the same event.

You might also consider our local bracket series races, two-day races (Sat. & Sun.). I'm pretty sure parking arrangements can be made between events.

2BKing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Trophy
Picture of The Hawk
posted Hide Post
What is the date of the Spring Fling Million. I`m not on Facebook

lane weber

perfecting a better mousetrap

Posts: 158 | Location: Littleton, Colorado | Registered: November 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Hawk:
What is the date of the Spring Fling Million. I`m not on Facebook

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
Million would get more entries on the east coast IMO.

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1401 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of The Hawk
posted Hide Post
Thanks Richard

lane weber

perfecting a better mousetrap

Posts: 158 | Location: Littleton, Colorado | Registered: November 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RacerVX54:
Million would get more entries on the east coast IMO.

I’d rotate it between those 4 tracks

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Hawk:
Thanks Richard

No problem

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Hammond:
I’d rotate it between those 4 tracks

I agree it should be rotated!

As for why the Fling staff keeps it at Las Vegas, except one year. I'm sure there are many reasons, beyond more entries. They are promoting the race, right or wrong it's their choice.

IMO, National Trail Raceway would be the ideal place to have the Million.

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Matrix
posted Hide Post
I suggested the rotation of the million the year they had it at bristol and was under the impression like many that it would rotate. Would be nice

Daryl Pinder

Dynasty Motorsports
www.dynastymotorsports.com

Posts: 456 | Location: Ft. Washington, MD USA | Registered: March 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
IMO, National Trail Raceway would be the ideal place to have the Million.

NOT!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hey Brian, That is a nice new trailer you got and the dually is cool too. Yep, seen it with my own eyes.

Hey Ed, agree on a place and race each other. That will remove all doubt.
You might even become friends.

I'm not in a bad mood, I just look that way.........

Posts: 990 | Location: Kingman, Arizona | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Dan, I'm easy to find every weekend, no place needs to be agreed on and being that this is a Fling thread, right now we plan to compete at both the Spring Fling Galot and Summer Fling Columbus, all he has to do is show up and pair up with me 1st round but he won't, GUARANFUCINGTED!

Meanwhile, hope to see you on Monday 8/28, I'll take the same spot. Wink

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hello Fellas! Pinder is right, originally the plan was to rotate the Million but the more we have it in Vegas, the more it feels like it just belongs there. The City/ The Venue etc, the parking, the weather etc. Plus out of respect for the Folk Million i try to distance ours from theirs so they don't trump each other. Maybe at some point we will move it around but for now....Vegas it is!

-Peter

Posts: 73 | Location: Queens, NY | Registered: October 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post