DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Blinders No Longer Allowed - INTERESTING
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blinders No Longer Allowed - INTERESTING
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
Nhra lul....

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1394 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The rule could have originated from an Illinois law.

https://97zokonline.com/remove...illegal-in-illinois/

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Nope the rule is the result of the vocal minority that have the NHRA’s ear, FACT!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
The rule could have originated from an Illinois law.

https://97zokonline.com/remove...illegal-in-illinois/

I assumed that was standard law everywhere. It definitely applies here in MN.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3157 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Nope the rule is the result of the vocal minority that have the NHRA’s ear, FACT!

I will be shocked if the rule is actually enforced.I'm expecting another "ammendment" before the season gets underway.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 442OLDS,

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of The Hawk
posted Hide Post
May need to get the Stocker back on the track sometime this year....maybe

lane weber

perfecting a better mousetrap

Posts: 158 | Location: Littleton, Colorado | Registered: November 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
If door cars are driving around in the pit area with helmets and windows taped up, how will they avoid all the dragsters parked halfway out into the road?

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Hawk:

Opponents using blinders was keeping you away?

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3157 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
I'm not understanding the blinder thing - you can tilt your head downward until the visor on your helmet blocks all but the bottom bulb - WTF?

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
SAD! I thought with the new tech director there might not be this type of LUNACY enacted!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11004 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I read 7:8 … in All classes of Door Cars (excluding Stock / Super Stock) a permanently mounted shield 4 x 8”, and is allowed to pivot, that is not attached to the windows or face shield, and requires tools for removal to be legal. This is what has been legal in years prior (looked at a 2020 rules book), and remains legal in Super Pro/ Pro and Sportsman and other Door car participants. I’ve not heard of it being enforced in ET classes.

Posts: 2457 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
I read 7:8 … in All classes of Door Cars (excluding Stock / Super Stock) a permanently mounted shield 4 x 8”, and is allowed to pivot, that is not attached to the windows or face shield, and requires tools for removal to be legal. This is what has been legal in years prior (looked at a 2020 rules book), and remains legal in Super Pro/ Pro and Sportsman and other Door car participants. I’ve not heard of it being enforced in ET classes.

Correct. None of this applies to ET classes as of now.

Tony Leonard

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:
quote:

And even if it did, no track will enforce it so why bother

Posts: 2426 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
They better the enforce the helmet visor taping that most of the fuel classes use....

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 705 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

NOT Correct

EVERYTHING in General Regulations 7:8. Applies to Super Pro, Pro, Sportsman

P. 81 2023 NHRA rule book PDF version

WINDSHIELD, WINDOWS
Altereds, dragsters: Optional. Windscreen mandatory. See
General Regulations 7:7, 7:8.

Stock-bodied vehicles: : Mandatory, must be in good condition
and free from cracks. May be replaced with shatterproof
material, 1/8-inch-minimum thickness. OEM windshield may not
be cut for scoops, carb, etc. Windshield/window tint must meet
the applicable state requirements. Windows must be closed

P. 82 continued Section 4A, page 7 Super Pro, Pro, Sportsman
during races, need not be operable. Decals permitted on rear
quarter and rear window only. See General Regulations 7:8.

Posts: 2457 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

NOT Correct

EVERYTHING in General Regulations 7:8. Applies to Super Pro, Pro, Sportsman

P. 81 2023 NHRA rule book PDF version

WINDSHIELD, WINDOWS
Altereds, dragsters: Optional. Windscreen mandatory. See
General Regulations 7:7, 7:8.

Stock-bodied vehicles: : Mandatory, must be in good condition
and free from cracks. May be replaced with shatterproof
material, 1/8-inch-minimum thickness. OEM windshield may not
be cut for scoops, carb, etc. Windshield/window tint must meet
the applicable state requirements. Windows must be closed

P. 82 continued Section 4A, page 7 Super Pro, Pro, Sportsman
during races, need not be operable. Decals permitted on rear
quarter and rear window only. See General Regulations 7:8.

I was not clear enough in my previous post. When I stated that "none of this applies in the ET classes" I was referring to the complete banning of blinders and/or helmet shield covering, which is the topic of this post.

The General Regs do allow for blinders of a certain size and for limiting the field of view on the helmet visor, as they have for years.

Tony Leonard

DRR Trophy
Picture of The Hawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by The Hawk:

Opponents using blinders was keeping you away?

Oh hell no. Work needing to be done on the car kept me away from Stock. I've been focusing on my Firebird in Super Pro and Super Street.

lane weber

perfecting a better mousetrap

Posts: 158 | Location: Littleton, Colorado | Registered: November 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Lenny,

Bracket racers don't need a rule like that, (smart bracket racers actually park their dragsters so they aren't hanging out in the road!!) LOL
More RULES that don't make sense. I guess a lot of cars running over each other at NHRA events. MAYBE it is the 30 mph golf carts and scooters blasting around the pits.

I wonder if anyone has actually had an accident due to the tree blinder causing it or were they just a dumbazz driving to fast and reading an ET Slip.

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1218 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
There will be more blinders on helmet visors. Leave visor up driving around and getting to pre-stage, pull visor down and boo... there is the blocker you wanted. Mine actually works the other way, center of visor is cut out and my side shields are to eliminate visual distractions. flip the visor down
and shields are out of the way. I currently leave off the top. If I go to the bottom when visor is up, the middle bulbs will be blocked. Easy and safe. Not a part of the car and no problem in the pit area.

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1218 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
quote:
I don’t see the big deal and think the banning of tape or blocking on face shields is good. OEM sun visors are easily installed if wanted. This doesn’t stop one from holding their hand out in front of them to block the tree.

^^^This^^^ Nor does it prevent from holding something in your hand to block the tree.

I don't currently use blinders & don't care about racers who chose to use them. I've experimented with different ways to blind the tree.

2BKING: If I chose to blind the tree, I'm sure I could win that way also. Consistent winners will figure out how to win by adapting to rules/conditions dealt to them. Wink

With all the ink recently especially on Class Racer. I'm thinking about revisiting/testing blinding for my program again.

2BKING Big Grin

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2545 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post