Find
Notify
Tools

PG valve body $$??
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Bruce Williams
posted
Any idea on the value of stock PG valve bodies?
Used TCI bracket VB?

Bruce Lee Cool

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Chandler Arizona | Registered: August 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 7110
posted Hide Post
hopefully not much, as I chucked about 10 of them a few years ago Roll Eyes LOL

Posts: 1598 | Location: AZ | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Big money, most of the big trans brake VB producers are down to producing billet VB's only, because they're out of oem cast iron cores.

Don't throw em away whatever you do. Or throw em my way, if you're dying to throw em out.

I have a stockpile I'm keeping for friendly's.

Godley (rip) told me 20 plus years ago, don't throw em away.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Not sure about Big Money, but if not willing to sell or hold on to them, I wouldn't scrap them.

I got a couple stock 1.76 PG's sitting. People still use them depending on hp/tq/weight,...

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I have a couple old ATI footbrake valve bodies from way back in the day. The other week I was contemplating what to do with them since the stock trans brake valve body I have in the car now is 25 years old lol. Don't see how you can ever wear a cast iron one out. I still use stock cases, pumps, drums valve body and tail shaft housing going 5.50s...

Best factory transmissions ever.

Posts: 1558 | Location: PA | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by moparacer:
I have a couple old ATI footbrake valve bodies from way back in the day. The other week I was contemplating what to do with them since the stock trans brake valve body I have in the car now is 25 years old lol. Don't see how you can ever wear a cast iron one out. I still use stock cases, pumps, drums valve body and tail shaft housing going 5.50s...

Best factory transmissions ever.

You can wear em out freshening them - resurfacing.

I've got a dozen or so virgin stock VB's stashed.

I bet they're high rent $$ right about now, running low.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:

Resurfacing a valve body at freshen up? Is that a thing? Mines been apart so many times I lost count. Been in every car I button raced since 1998...Never thought of cleaning up the surfaces. Don't run gaskets between the plate either.

You watch now that I mentioned it I will have a VB leak this weekend.... Big Grin

Posts: 1558 | Location: PA | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Resurfacing a valve body at freshen up? Is that a thing? Mines been apart so many times I lost count. Been in every car I button raced since 1998...Never thought of cleaning up the surfaces. Don't run gaskets between the plate either.

You watch now that I mentioned it I will have a VB leak this weekend.... Big Grin

If the paint ever drips off converter, you might need a resurface on the VB (warped). I doubt that'll happen though, converters are indestructible these days, spragless anyway. Smile

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
460 runs on a alum BTE valve body, zero issues and deadly consistent and reliable. Changed fluid at 350 runs and it was so good I saved it for use at the track if someone or me gets jammed up and has to drop the pan.

I have two complete 1.76 'glides, if anyone is looking. never raced Virgin planetaries, one with cast iron pro-brake and the other with BTE alum pro-brake, 100% fresh, never raced. One has stock tail housing the other has roller BTE housing.

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1216 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Toad1:
460 runs on a alum BTE valve body, zero issues and deadly consistent and reliable.

Same here with 350+ on both the BTE aluminum valve bodies in both the BTE transmissions in both my dragster and Firebird. Consistency and reliability that helped win us a lot of money, another Wally and a #2 finish in the LODRS this season.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

If the paint ever drips off converter, you might need a resurface on the VB (warped). I doubt that'll happen though, converters are indestructible these days, spragless anyway. Smile

I race a Mopar, they don't make enough power to warp anything.... Big Grin