Find
Notify
Tools

TRE
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
For what its worth I run the Profiler 375X head on my blown TD. They were prepped by Darin Morgan at Reher Morrison. Darin had allot of influence in the heads design when he worked at Profiler. Great head and makes huge power. Make sure you get TI valves.

BTW good luck getting a Brodix Aluminum block in 8 weeks, that would be the minimum

Posts: 2426 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just talked to Oakley again and they say they can do the 20 degree but he says the 375X is their best combo for fast bracket on alcohol. Said he ran a 4.36 with the same engine this weekend in his dragster
Its looking like Andy Beal or Chris Wilson will be the choice. Chris says 632 with 380x heads 2.350 int 1.88 exh valves.

Did Oakley and Wilson say they would take trades also?

Posts: 124 | Location: inside | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of inferno camaro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cartman:
quote:
I just talked to Oakley again and they say they can do the 20 degree but he says the 375X is their best combo for fast bracket on alcohol. Said he ran a 4.36 with the same engine this weekend in his dragster
Its looking like Andy Beal or Chris Wilson will be the choice. Chris says 632 with 380x heads 2.350 int 1.88 exh valves.

Did Oakley and Wilson say they would take trades also?

Wilson said he has a guy in his shop that was interested in my engine and I forgot to ask Oakley.

Posts: 361 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 20, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have been talking with chris Wilson and plan on having him build my motor what I like is he is with in driving distance to me and seems to be easy to talk with. I reached out to sunset also but they are a long way away from me both similar money and power

Posts: 408 | Location: Bellingham MA | Registered: October 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
With in driving distance is nice. Wilson is 10.5hrs from me and Oakley is 4.5

Posts: 361 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 20, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
OK I went with Oakley. They had a 632 aluminum block sniper x headed engine they took back in on trade. They are completely freshening it with new pistons and will be ready 1st week of April.
Now just need to sell my engine and I'm ready to rock.