DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Tucson Divisional Early Registration
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tucson Divisional Early Registration
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted
If you are planning on attending the NHRA Division 7 Race at Tucson (March 1-3) and want to pit on asphalt you need to register ASAP. As of this afternoon there were only about 26 spaces remaining, after they are gone you have to pit in the dirt. They are going to have a test and tune session on Thursday, that will cost you an additional $100.

The Tucson Dragway web site has the registration information.

Bob

Posts: 3081 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
So to park on asphalt you have to pre-enter over two month ahead? Looks like i will be missing this race and i will be heading back to Vegas after the Phoenix Nationals.

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T/D6591:
So to park on asphalt you have to pre-enter over two month ahead? Looks like i will be missing this race and i will be heading back to Vegas after the Phoenix Nationals.

Plan B in affect as we discussed Moe..

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4491 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
Yep Barry thank god for plan B.

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of SGWife
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up. We will be there for the division race and the bracket race so getting an asphalt spot would be nice.

Posts: 89 | Location: SoCal | Registered: January 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Come on Moe, Dirtdobber, Pivotdoc and I are already entered. We’ll even buy you guys some ice cream!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5304 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
As long as it was refundable if my plans were to change for some reason, I would not have any issue pre entering to guarantee a spot on the pavement and not be out in the dirt

Posts: 2421 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Been a long time since I parked in the dirt there, But I caution anyone that's decided to wait and not register early. The dirt is also full of goat heads, stickers, nasty thorns etc. Had to put booties on my dog so he could go outside. It was miserable. Maybe they have cleaned them out, but I doubt it.

Posts: 146 | Location: california | Registered: November 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
Don't forget about the service fee that they add on also,lol.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Has anyone called Jim about how he is planning to prepare the dirt area ..... Wish I could help but I'm not one of the "In Crowd " !!!! I'm seen more as a trouble maker ....LOL

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
Has anyone called Jim about how he is planning to prepare the dirt area ..... Wish I could help but I'm not one of the "In Crowd " !!!! I'm seen more as a trouble maker ....LOL
How about the goat heads?

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Moe I don’t even know what that refers to!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
A few goat heads won’t bother me it’s the packs of coyotes running around at night that can be an issue, (I bring 22# dog to the races).

What’s a few goat heads “between” friends?

Bob

Posts: 3081 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Yeager
posted Hide Post
I would imagine that Jim is going to try and make this as pleasant as possible for us sportsman racers.He has obviously been working very hard to put Tucson back in the NHRA rotation.

Mark Yeager

Posts: 1380 | Location: Hollister,CA | Registered: April 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Jim and Matt have been working very hard making Tucson the place to race. I'm sure Mark is dead on about his post. If you have not been there in a while you will be pleasantly surprised with all the improvements and the track. Sorry about the negative post earlier, I just have not talked to both of them in a long time.... To busy racing when I'm at the track...LOL

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I love Tucson, but hey, I actually won a race there once upon a time. LOL

Posts: 5304 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Sorry if my post is on the negative side, but it's was the truth. I hope they have fixed the problem. I still continue to race at Tucson, but would always pre-register so I could park on asphalt and you know why. I didn't mention that I had a flat on trailer tire because of the goat heads and had the same problem at Medford a few years back before they stopped Div. races there. So as you can see the terrain where I pit is important. I guess I should have kept my mouth shut, so the racer could find out on their own. What got into me

Posts: 146 | Location: california | Registered: November 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
Vern I guess I will see you there,my crew chief won and said that we are going. PS she likes ice cream,lol.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
She is the Crew Chief after all. I’m taking mine out for dinner tonight, it’s our anniversary!

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
She is the Crew Chief after all. I’m taking mine out for dinner tonight, it’s our anniversary!
Diamonds Vern.

Posts: 1146 | Location: Busy putting up crop circles | Registered: October 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post