Tools

Stolen!!!!!
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fuzzy dice:
Looks like a ring doorbell may have captured some license plates...we'll see tomorrow what comes of it...

Usually the vehicle used is stolen as well....

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1621 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
I doubt I will ever see the car or trailer again...the rig was parked in a toy lot in the development so it was not hooked up to the tow vehicle...I am just waiting on the police to declare it non recoverable so the insurance can pay me...I am going to do one last build and keep racing...

Posts: 1276 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fuzzy,
You will know what to do better this time. I hope you can find a car to build for decent money.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
Thanks Floyd...for sure I will insure it and GPS it this time around...

Posts: 1276 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
If it comes to that, buy one! Cost 3-4 times as much to build one and then you have to sort it out. You just have to pay attention to what you get. I built 1, that broke me if that approach.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Fuzzy Dice, Sorry to hear about your car. I had one stolen out of a national event in 1990 and it was never recovered. As stated above it might be better at this time to purchase one ready to race. Watch what you buy of course but a lot of good cars out there. Looks like you had a back half door car in your sig. picture. Instead of spending time building one, use that time racing and win the money back. When mine got stolen I spent the next winter building new car. I had a chassis jig. Feb. came around car was ready for engine and drive line. Put all the components I needed to finish car on credit card and won all the money back in 1991-92 seasons.

Posts: 318 | Location: ohio | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Fuzzy,
Sorry to hear.

If you plan on continuing to race, I would take fern and slicksters advice. And you're better off buying turnkey I would think. With the covid and supply shut down it's hard to get parts for anything anymore.

Best of luck moving forward.

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
What krappy deal. Buying verses building? Go with a proven previous built ride. After selling my S/C rail I decided to build an S 10 as a retirement toy. While fun it was VERY expensive(going with American non Chinese junk) added a lot of $$$$ to build. Here in south Florida you may be able to find a good ride on the cheap if the sale of PBIR goes thru. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
If it comes to that, buy one! Cost 3-4 times as much to build one and then you have to sort it out. You just have to pay attention to what you get. I built 1, that broke me if that approach.

This 100%

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1385 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
And the one I have now started paying me back first race I ran with it. Didn’t take long to pay for it and an old **** like me still wins a round now and then in it

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys...when I say build I am really talking about a very nice roller that only needs a trans and motor...I would never rule out turn key for the right piece...either way I'll be back and see y'all around the water cooler....

BTW, nothing is going on for a recovery so it looks as if things will be stalled for about 2 weeks or so until I get a final police report...

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fuzzy dice:BTW, nothing is going on for a recovery so it looks as if things will be stalled for about 2 weeks or so until I get a final police report...

Maybe good time to do some trailer shopping too.

Posts: 2447 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Damn Dan, so sorry to hear this. That sucks. I freaking hate thieves. Good luck finding a new ride. Looking for anything in particular?

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
I am looking at GM's in general...big tire, dana 60 or 9"...four link...set up for a BBC and glide...

I had a little good luck yesterday for a change, chuck...I found a 2 year old trailer like the one that was stolen...it is a 20 footer versus the 18 I had but that's OK...

DRR Trophy
Picture of Greg Fowler
posted Hide Post
I am thinking about hanging it up. Let me know if you are interested in a proven winner

Posts: 4 | Location: Point Pleasant, WV | Registered: September 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Fowler:
I am thinking about hanging it up. Let me know if you are interested in a proven winner

Contact me on a private message please...

DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
The trailer deal was becoming problematic, folks...due to steel issues the lead time is literally undeterminable...I run a steel deck open trailer and there are none to be found down this way...I could get a wood deck but did not want to go that way...

I finally had a bit of luck...I found a two year old Big Tex same as was stolen...it is a 20 footer which is 2 feet longer than what I had but that is OK...I have it on hold until Geico pays my claim...it cost me about 1/2 of a new one...whew!!...

I am now focusing heavily on turn key cars...we'll see what comes up...

DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fuzzy dice:
The trailer deal was becoming problematic, folks...due to steel issues the lead time is literally undeterminable...I run a steel deck open trailer and there are none to be found down this way...I could get a wood deck but did not want to go that way...

I finally had a bit of luck...I found a two year old Big Tex same as was stolen...it is a 20 footer which is 2 feet longer than what I had but that is OK...I have it on hold until Geico pays my claim...it cost me about 1/2 of a new one...whew!!...

I am now focusing heavily on turn key cars...we'll see what comes up...

Nice find on the trailer. We're all rooting for you buddy.

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
Lots of nice stuff for sale right now it wont be hard to find a good one

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1385 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fuzzy,
A dumb question but have you looked on Racing Junk for cars in your area?
Also DRR Classified.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Floyd Staggs,

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post