DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Phoenix FX 13.6 x 32 drag radials
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Phoenix FX 13.6 x 32 drag radials
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I have ran Goodyear 1984 14 32 stiff sidewalls for a long time / I have just bought a set of these Phoenix and hope they work as well. I have several friends that have switched and like them. going on a 5.90 bracket car. Looking for input on those of you that run them tire pressures and first burnout procedures. Thanks

Posts: 63 | Location: Horse Cave Ky | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Finally got to get some passes on these tires. First pass after doing a long burnout car left almost vertical hard on the bars , had to lift. After chassis adjustment lowering bars and taking out 400 RPM of leave made four more passes going 5.94 every pass last pass in third round 5.936. I am very impressed with these tires. They are a lot more stable on the top end. I was skeptical of the smaller size from the 14 x 32 but they worked great on a cold track ambient temp was 42 degrees not sure of track temp

Posts: 63 | Location: Horse Cave Ky | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR6223 Monza:
Finally got to get some passes on these tires. First pass after doing a long burnout car left almost vertical hard on the bars , had to lift. After chassis adjustment lowering bars and taking out 400 RPM of leave made four more passes going 5.94 every pass last pass in third round 5.936. I am very impressed with these tires. They are a lot more stable on the top end. I was skeptical of the smaller size from the 14 x 32 but they worked great on a cold track ambient temp was 42 degrees not sure of track temp
Sweet!! I'll bet that's a good looking tire short and wide.

How much quicker 60 ft than the Goodyear 1984?

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Mike passes on the GY were usually 1.26 1.27
all of the Phoenix passes were 1.33 on the rear tires. 330 was 3.7801 3.7827 3.7839 3.7748 on the break out. I think I am close on tire pressure at 13.2 to 13.4

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
all of the Phoenix passes were 1.33 on the rear tires. 330 was 3.7801 3.7827 3.7839 3.7748 on the break out. I think I am close on tire pressure at 13.2 to 13.4

10 - 4, it is dragging the bars harder now. The adjustment to get the bars back to where they were is loosen the rebound and tighten the compression adjuster radial tires.

Sounds like good times!

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Again thanks for your input. hoping to have it close for the 10K at Bowling Green

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:

not enough air pressure by at least 5 psi

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I'd never tell a guy how much pressure he needs, but if you try more pressure at some point down the line, tighten the rebound and compression by a couple two or three clicks, that'll save you burning extra fuel making test hits.

I don't know chit about Pheonix's approach for radial slicks but if it's on par/similar with other brands, chances are you could run higher pressure.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
More pressure is the plan. I called Coker tire and talked with a fellow named Brad in their tech department. He recommended no more than 15lb for a car with my weight from talking with other customers and like all of the rest of us said you will just have to increase pressure until it doesnt hook. I respect that answer as we all have different and some similar set up suspensions. If Bowling Green gets to run the 10Ks this weekend you only get one TT. Weather isnt looking to good as the rain from the Delta Storm is supposed to drop an inch or 2 of water. Friday is @ 30% Sat 60 and Sunday 40 at this time if any of you are planning to go. Thanks Mike and Ed for taking time to reply.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
how much does the car weigh going down the track?

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
2650 ED