DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Watch NFL, buy Nike?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Watch NFL, buy Nike?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
I know this is a automotive sport site. Well the NFL and Nike are also involved in sports. So I'm venting. I will never watch an NFL game again (didn't last year, like College better anyway and there are no kneelers) nor will I ever buy a Nike product ever again! My 2 cents.

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1007 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Charlie Allen
posted Hide Post
Roll Tide !!

"Mourning the loss of Auto Club Dragway in Fontana"............RIP

Posts: 532 | Location: Sunny SoCal | Registered: March 07, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Footloose:
I hear they work good in the cow pasture Laughing Hard
And yes we are on a ROLL Big Grin

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Scarth:
I know this is a automotive sport site. Well the NFL and Nike are also involved in sports. So I'm venting. I will never watch an NFL game again (didn't last year, like College better anyway and there are no kneelers) nor will I ever buy a Nike product ever again! My 2 cents.

Can’t believe it...I agree completely. Still pissed they ruined football for me...

Posts: 69 | Location: area 51 | Registered: December 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
My 14 year old son loves his athletic shoes. He wears through a couple pair in a basketball season. I pick him up from the weight room today, and he hears the story on the radio. No more Nikes for him he said. I'm glad I don't own any right now as that would be embarrassing.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6394 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Honestly, at this point, they are going to have to do more than just "stop" to get me back as a fan...and I was addicted.

Obviously, they don't care what I do anymore anyway. They have moved on to a different fan base. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1231 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
New Balance and Ole Miss.

Why for the love of God would I ever buy anything Nike or EVER waste my time watching a NFL game?

Bob

Posts: 3081 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I am not watching it any more and will never buy Nike again.

I am very surprised that they would make him spokesman for them. Seems to me he would run off way more than he could ever bring in. There is no intelligent reason to run off half your customer base.

I will say this though, I think it is just as bad when they butcher the anthem singing it. Stand up, respect the flag and our anthem.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4001 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of KWig
posted Hide Post
Wolverines Boots and UGA, here. Go Dawgs ! Ive been done with both for a while also. I havent bought any Nike stuff in a while anyway. I went to 1 Falcons game, in 3 yrs, and those tickets were free.

You have to put in the effort, to get anything out of it.

Posts: 736 | Location: Cumming Ga | Registered: January 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
Doesn't affect me. I don't buy Nike stuff, and haven't watched the National Felon League for at least 4 or 5 years.

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
Any of you guys have a problem when they had little kids making those shoes for pennies years ago?......didn't think so.

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
Nike knew exactly what they were doing, and there were other shoe companies in line behind them.

There is a post discussing their shoe brand on a niche automotive discussion board!

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3153 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
http://fortune.com/2018/09/04/...n-violence-parkland/

Levi jeans now donating millions to fight against the NRA and 2nd ammendment

Posts: 788 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1355PRO:
Any of you guys have a problem when they had little kids making those shoes for pennies years ago?......didn't think so.

1. Using child labor is not the same as disrespecting the United States.
2. Nike was hardly alone in that practice. Frankly that should have been grounds for stopping trade with China.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6394 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:

2. Nike was hardly alone in that practice. Frankly that should have been grounds for stopping trade with China.

I will assume that you believe that child labor is infinitely more severe than the interpretation of the flag being disrespected correct?

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
No NFL and no Nike at my house.

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
quote:

Just curious, what makes you believe you know what other people think about that, or anything else for that matter? You should stick with what you know and stay away from wild-a$$ guesses.

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

Never bought into their BS since the beginning.
N knew what they were doing, look at the hype, exactly what they wanted..

NFL,,, Not For Long...

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4490 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:

I will assume that you believe that child labor is infinitely more severe than the interpretation of the flag being disrespected correct?

Don't assume anything about me.
What you don't have to assume, is that I think trade with China overall hurts us more than helps us. And child labor issues should have been an additional reason to stop doing business with them.
I also think that Kaper**** is a disrespectful twat that aims to get more attention from his acting out than what his level of talent would ever get him. It has little to do with attention for his cause. It has everything to do with selling his brand..himself. Just because Nike bought it hook line and sinker doesn't mean the rest of the people in this country with a brain in their skulls should.

And, there is no infinitely better anything. It's obvious that you want to do some polarizing of your own. If truth and facts don't support your agenda, it's infinitely more effective to twist things around until they do. I assume. Roll Eyes

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bucky,

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
Will do. No more assumptions needed.

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow