DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    The gross failure of government run health care
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The gross failure of government run health care
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted
The flagship, the precursor of what's to come, of government run health care is the VA medical program. We are all aware of the past where veterans died waiting for health care. Here's my recent experience with the VA. Last week I called to schedule my annual checkup. It's been well over 5 years that I've had any medical needs other than annual checkups. Surprisingly I got an appointment within less than a week, I assumed someone had cancelled and I lucked into the newly opened slot. After getting a confirmation phone call to keep my appointment in two days, I get another call today, telling me there had been a mistake and tomorrows appointment was not available. They rescheduled me for APRIL 2, 2021!!! For those without a calculator that's 6 months, 1/2 year! I dare say any prevention regarding my health, at 73 yo, has taken a back seat. I was reminded I could call the nurse line if I needed so as not to burden them having to see me in person. I was drafter into the military in April, what if I had said I'm kinda busy I'll reschedule my induction in 6 months? What do they do on the battle field if casualties increase? They triage and people die.

Of course it was blamed on Covid. They need to work those foreign doctors 16 hours a day and extend appointment hours accordingly. My current doctor is a China man, before that middle eastern, before that another oriental. The fabric of America is unraveling in so many ways. It will get worse before it gets better and there will be a heavy price to be paid for things to ultimately turn around.

Off my soapbox.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2330 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
The government couldn't even run a cat house it took over for back taxes. USPS is a total failure too.
You can't replace business men with career politicians.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I will soon be 80 and the VA has been good to me until now. It’s pittifull now. I was released from hospital and told to get a follow up. 6 months later. What good is that?

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
you gentlemen deserve the best healthcare money can provide. you are patriots.

ep-from me....THANK YOU for your SERVICE

Posts: 757 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
I will soon be 80 and the VA has been good to me until now. It’s pittifull now. I was released from hospital and told to get a follow up. 6 months later. What good is that?

I'm right behind you, Fern, age wise.
I never applied for VA benefits. I don't know if that was a mistake or not. When I was still working I had real good health insurance that took me through 2 heart attacks so I came out good. Now I've been on medicare for a while and that's been pretty good too. So I don't know if I missed out on anything or not. I do know I don't trust the government to run things right.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
That is hard to read. Really sorry for you guys. Inexcusable.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6366 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I also have a Medicare advantage supplement which covers what VA don’t. Eyes, teeth, and hearing. Use whichever works. Floyd it’s not to late if you served.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I was on a marketplace policy through the affordable care act for a few years, it was great. Now I'm on Medicare part C so I have Blue Cross just like I did in the marketplace and it's worked out well with vison and dental.

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
A
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
The flagship, the precursor of what's to come, of government run health care is the VA medical program. We are all aware of the past where veterans died waiting for health care. Here's my recent experience with the VA. Last week I called to schedule my annual checkup. It's been well over 5 years that I've had any medical needs other than annual checkups. Surprisingly I got an appointment within less than a week, I assumed someone had cancelled and I lucked into the newly opened slot. After getting a confirmation phone call to keep my appointment in two days, I get another call today, telling me there had been a mistake and tomorrows appointment was not available. They rescheduled me for APRIL 2, 2021!!! For those without a calculator that's 6 months, 1/2 year! I dare say any prevention regarding my health, at 73 yo, has taken a back seat. I was reminded I could call the nurse line if I needed so as not to burden them having to see me in person. I was drafter into the military in April, what if I had said I'm kinda busy I'll reschedule my induction in 6 months? What do they do on the battle field if casualties increase? They triage and people die.

Of course it was blamed on Covid. They need to work those foreign doctors 16 hours a day and extend appointment hours accordingly. My current doctor is a China man, before that middle eastern, before that another oriental. The fabric of America is unraveling in so many ways. It will get worse before it gets better and there will be a heavy price to be paid for things to ultimately turn around.

Off my soapbox.

They’ve Never done enough for our Veterans! They should receive the best care! There are people in the US now that have done zero for society or themselves getting better health care than a Vet! Unacceptable!

Try getting seen right now.. nope, let’s call you, let’s do virtual. E mail me also... I went to Er twice last month to be Seen. They found ( second visit big pain) pinched C8 nerve then put me on Norco and Gabapentin... can you say zombie? .. then the spine clinic pushes me out 33 days for a cortisone shot. I’m like; what stay on this crap? I missed Phoenix and now Vegas! I *****ed *****ed *****ed , I emailed e mailed emailed, finally called me and put me on a cancelation.. called yesterday and got it today. I hope this sh it is over! I had to be my own advocate! Stay on them. Keep calling. I asked the ER female Dr for her number... she asked why? So I can put you on speed dial! She laughed and I explained; the ER is now my primary care... I’ll pay the ER deductible to be seen.
I’m trying to hit the last Vegas race...we’ll see.
So that’s my story.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BP758,

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4470 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
I also have a Medicare advantage supplement which covers what VA don’t. Eyes, teeth, and hearing. Use whichever works. Floyd it’s not to late if you served.

Yeah, I served. Got discharged from active duty Feb. 1965, 2 weeks before my unit shipped to Viet Nam.
It's funny, in yesterdays mail I got a questionnaire from United Healthcare asking if I've ever served. I was going to toss it but now I guess I'll pull out my DD-214 and fill it in and send it back.
Y'all have a gooden.