DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Traction Compound Shortage
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Traction Compound Shortage
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Give it up. Learn the rules and move on.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4019 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Clown World is the real pandemic.

Clowns tapping on keyboards opinions expedient to their activities, for browny points.

Libtards

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You can't name a rule that was broken... clown.

Neither can Bradenton, that's why they can't clarify putting the wagon back in the race 45 minutes after originally ruling it loser.

Bradenton told a whopper to put the wagon back in, video/photo's at the stripe as witness of their whopper.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Then Bradenton rationalized their Whopper as noble, by saying I was a dirty driver because I used up the lane to accomplish the win.

Wait till the glue runs out and just about everyone is a dirty driver.

The Libtards will have a field day.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
What do you say we call it Karma?

The laws of the universe always catches up to lies of Libtards, and everyone else (innocent bystanders) pay the price.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Looks like one of my local tracks, Nahunta, has run out of glue. I am hoping they will still try and continue running without it. I'd bracket race on Coke syrup, Gold Dust rosin, etc., or nothing at all.

On another point, I have also got to ask. Do you use that photo as your screensaver? Have you considering having it tatooed directly on your skin? I assume you have already had custom T-shirts made with that image.

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:

Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Keystone has had to adjust their schedule a little, dropping a couple of test and tunes. It stinks for every track that has to drop them, since they are needed as money makers... no payouts, usually get more crew/spectators.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom396:
Looks like one of my local tracks, Nahunta, has run out of glue. I am hoping they will still try and continue running without it. I'd bracket race on Coke syrup, Gold Dust rosin, etc., or nothing at all.

On another point, I have also got to ask. Do you use that photo as your screensaver? Have you considering having it tatooed directly on your skin? I assume you have already had custom T-shirts made with that image.

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:

Take care. Tom Worthington

No, no and no, but I don't mind posting it. Why should I mind? When it's self evident why the wagon was originally ruled loser.

The part that gives you an uncomfortable feeling, is hearing how the wagon was put back in the race , into the final round by track officials using a impossible story, 45 minutes after it was loaded up in the trailer.

The uncomfortable feeling you suffer from every time you see this image, is called cognitive dissonance.

You can't resolve the contradicting beliefs you have on the matter - Cognitive dissonance.

What you wanna believe vs what your gut feeling is telling you happened.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Furthermore, using up the lane doesn't make you a dirty driver, it makes you a courageous driver when it works.

The idea using up the lane makes you a dirty driver, was hatched by libtards looking for excuses to rationalize why they lied and cheated a courageous driver.

If they run out of glue, there's gonna be a lot of using up the lane going on.

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Ever try Rootbeer or Grape soda? We used it in the early 80;s. It was better than nothing.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
Keystone has had to adjust their schedule a little, dropping a couple of test and tunes. It stinks for every track that has to drop them, since they are needed as money makers... no payouts, usually get more crew/spectators.

Test and tune using traction compound now that funny. Heck around here you are lucky if no dirt and condensate from AC on track at test n tune nights. Only thing you test is if you can get down a crap track.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Well, one track I frequent has simply decided to go with no prep test and tune/grudge. And what's worse, I predict it will work just great for them. That's worse because it may very well spell the end of bracket racing there. They'll be happy to deal with the higher profit/ lower hassle crowd.

And it's spreading. I suspect other tracks I frequent are going to run out soon also. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom396:
Well, one track I frequent has simply decided to go with no prep test and tune/grudge. And what's worse, I predict it will work just great for them. That's worse because it may very well spell the end of bracket racing there. They'll be happy to deal with the higher profit/ lower hassle crowd.

And it's spreading. I suspect other tracks I frequent are going to run out soon also. Take care. Tom Worthington

Adapt - Blue bottle

It's all bracket racing if you're the fastest.

Take less stripe than you win the tree by, you're win light comes on 100% of the time.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
quote:

Test and tune using traction compound now that funny. Heck around here you are lucky if no dirt and condensate from AC on track at test n tune nights. Only thing you test is if you can get down a crap track.

Wasn't there just a thread about drag racers heaven? I thought NC was one mentioned?
The season may be limited in Illinois. But with the exception of on test and tune night (a people/track prep knowledge issue), I have never been on a poorly prepped test and tune track. Byron, Cordova, Joliet (as if), Eddyville, Tri State....I think they really pride themselves on delivering a good track to go down safely, in normal times. We will see what adjustments have to be made with the shortage. The last track we were at...last week.....I only saw the spray out at the beginning of the day. They kept up on the dragging when needed and the track was great all day. Some 6 second dragsters getting their licences didn't seem to have troubles.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
quote:

Wasn't there just a thread about drag racers heaven? I thought NC was one mentioned?
The season may be limited in Illinois. But with the exception of on test and tune night (a people/track prep knowledge issue), I have never been on a poorly prepped test and tune track. Byron, Cordova, Joliet (as if), Eddyville, Tri State....I think they really pride themselves on delivering a good track to go down safely, in normal times. We will see what adjustments have to be made with the shortage. The last track we were at...last week.....I only saw the spray out at the beginning of the day. They kept up on the dragging when needed and the track was great all day. Some 6 second dragsters getting their licences didn't seem to have troubles.

Can not state for others. I know Piedmonts test and tune is 90% street cars. Hvae never seens any prep and according to grip meter it there is any it is not worth a crap after bunch of dirt carrying street tires with A/C running and condensate dripping.

Last time I went to a T-N-T I bet there was less than 10 race cars and most of those maybe mid to higfh 6 second 1/8 mile cars.

Heck I knew track would be HA and reason I went was to try cpl things on crap track. Did not prepare for QA.LOL Was fun peddling car like top fueler but not much more.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Make it hook on a bad track and you need not worry anywhere. It can be done.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Exactly and of course.

ferndaleflyer…KNOWS!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Make it hook on a bad track and you need not worry anywhere. It can be done.

Why don’t we just close down streets snd race there then? What your statement needs is some definition of bad track. Now if we want to talk about limiting how fast of cars will be competing going forward that’s a different topic.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well the fellow that originally gave me that advice was racing a Datsan Z car with a blown injected motor that was the first door car to exceed 200mph many years ago. And did it at Atco as I remember. It has always served me well. No matter what kind of car, how fast, or where, this advice holds true---if it hooks on a bad track, and you all know what bad tracks are, it will hook anywhere.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Well the fellow that originally gave me that advice was racing a Datsan Z car with a blown injected motor that was the first door car to exceed 200mph many years ago. And did it at Atco as I remember. It has always served me well. No matter what kind of car, how fast, or where, this advice holds true---if it hooks on a bad track, and you all know what bad tracks are, it will hook anywhere.

I agree with that part. But we have to put some definition on what is acceptable as a bad track.
Dirt on the track OK? Any dragging needed or just put the sign up and start taking money? Clean up after oil downs optional? I'm just saying you are painting with a pretty broad brush. If your buddy shows up with his 200 mph car and can run 200 after all the street cars pull the dirt onto it, more power to him. I don't expect a track to be glued. But I don't expect dirt on it from round to round either. My car is setup soft on the starting line. But I'm not gonna try to go 195 on a dirty track either. My son's 9 second trainer car will go down about anything with 12.0 tires. But I'm not going to thump my chest and say "it can be done" on any track.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bucky,

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo