DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Traction Compound Shortage
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Traction Compound Shortage
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Bring on the no prep! Let’s see who has their shyt together !
And no traction control!!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4497 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BP758:

I wouldn't be opposed to traction control except.......once that Jeanie is out of the bottle, she aint goin back in.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
They've been using too much glue for several years. Time to scale back and work on suspension and tires.

Well I sort of agree with that but fact is we are going faster all the time and pushing the limits. If they cut back on track prep then we will have to spend more on traction control systems or pull out power in addition to getting tires and suspension working better.

I am not going to cheat even if they never bother to check it in Tech.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4010 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
I think the main components of the traction compound are commonly made and used here in America. I do not know why there is a shortage, seems like there may be more to this than meets the eye.

Even still yes some things are cheaper in China but those 55 gallon drums are heavy and take a long time to get here adding up to very expensive shipping costs. Seems like that is one of those things that the shipping cost would out weigh any cost savings in manufacturing.

Death to America by a thousand little cuts...destroy our lifestyles, destroy our motivation.....

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1653 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:

I wouldn't be opposed to traction control except.......once that Jeanie is out of the bottle, she aint goin back in.

I got news for you it's been out for many many years now!

Posts: 2154 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:

I got news for you it's been out for many many years now!

It was a big secret and yes lots have it. We don’t.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4497 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Death to America by a thousand little cuts...destroy our lifestyles, destroy our motivation.....

While the little cuts are part of the overall program it's the big cut that will break the camels back. The digital dollar, pound, riyal or what ever they chose to call it will be the coup de grace. Once the USD is no longer the reserve currency the USA will drop like a stone and we'll immediately be the United States of Europe. You know all the "economic sanctions" we place on everybody else? There will be repercussions by those that take the lead.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Don’t have to hide anything, there is no tech and besides they wouldn’t know what they were looking at or for.

Big Facts.........................

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1395 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
The world is ending because there's a shortage of traction compound!

Posts: 1459 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I remember back in the day when you only smelled the bubble gum once in the morning. That was it. No more the rest of the day.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eman:

First it was our heated and cooled seats. Then it was our traction compound. Next it will be the scent packets we throw down the RV toilet.

Their plan is all coming together!

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3158 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eman:

That type of logic is reserved for people who follow trends.

If it keeps on raining, levy is gonna break.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The Street Outlaws No Prep Bracket Series.
Kind of has a nice ring to it.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Why concern yourself with shyt you can’t control. It is what it is and I ain’t skeered, I’ve got a grid and if it gets really bad, I’ll buy a Davis Traction Control.

Bingo! And you don't even need a grid for this. A 7530T or the add on box I used 20 years ago to get my 10" tire Chevelle down the track.

I'm not even sure I'm racing this year's Div 2 race at Orlando this year.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2544 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Another track update.This one from Brainerd,Minnesota.

ATTENTION IN THE PITS:
Due to the nationwide traction compound (glue) shortages, currently there is no availability from any supplier in the country. At this time due to not receiving our previously ordered product we currently do not have the supply to complete the scheduled events racing 1/4 mile. In order to safely complete all of our scheduled events with our current supply, BIR will be running all remaining races on the dragstrip as 1/8-mile events. We are doing everything possible to get more and if able, we WILL run 1/4 mile, but at this time we simply cannot.

Events that this will affect will be Muscle Car Shootout, Wednesday Night Street Drags, Proving Grounds II, and the last Bracket Race which is already scheduled to be run as an 1/8-mile event. Also, we will most likely need to cancel the scheduled Test & Tune Day prior to the final bracket race. Thank you for your understanding!

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I would hate to see bracket racing simply come to be the best cheater wins, but I could see it happening, if rule enforcement is the only thing that stops people.

Yet I still wouldn't quit. And I'd rather consistently lose while playing it straight than win while cheating. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of inferno camaro
posted Hide Post
Muncie has cancelled Wednesday T&T as well. They had an order of glue due this month and just been informed it isn't going to be there.

Posts: 361 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 20, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom396:
I would hate to see bracket racing simply come to be the best cheater wins, but I could see it happening

You’re too late, it’s already happened.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You beat me to it ED

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would hate to see bracket racing simply come to be the best cheater wins, but I could see it happening, if rule enforcement is the only thing that stops people.

I think those that have ignitions with retard controls (be it Analog or Digital) will probably do just fine if they need help to stay on track. It’s not that complicated and it’s legal.Same with shifting.

Posts: 2458 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post