DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Traction Compound Shortage
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Traction Compound Shortage
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bracketracer-78:
Get Ready. I was told directly from Kyle Koretsky next year all cars at MG will be required to have a diaper. This is no rumor. He is working on the specifics but it is coming to at least MG in 2023. It is going to be an only MG rule but I would not be surprised that other tracks follow.

EVERY track should have that rule for all RACE cars regardless of ET.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Interesting i was making a decision because of fuel prices to stay closer to home and run some good paying events at the smaller local tracks, only to find out most of them have just about run out of glue and didnt have the budgets to buy a larger volume before the shortage.

One of the track prep guys told me one of the components thats scarce is the same component used in like rice crispie bars that bonds everything together.

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

That was a nice read, thanks for posting it up!

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2549 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
Lets not forget NASCAR has been using PJ1 for all of its classes the past few years. They are not shy with it...coverong miles and miles of track surfaces. You can bet they have all they want still this year. I imagine many local circle tracks have joined the bandwagon too.

Traction compound...Not just for drag racing any more

Time to move to PEPSI...it sure makes a sticky surfave in the bottom of the cooler.

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1219 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
Interesting i was making a decision because of fuel prices to stay closer to home and run some good paying events at the smaller local tracks, only to find out most of them have just about run out of glue and didnt have the budgets to buy a larger volume before the shortage.

One of the track prep guys told me one of the components thats scarce is the same component used in like rice crispie bars that bonds everything together.
Marshmallows?

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Here is a link to a show I watched last night. They were talking about the effects of the glue shortage quite a bit.

GBR Glue Shortage

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Why concern yourself with shyt you can’t control. It is what it is and I ain’t skeered, I’ve got a grid and if it gets really bad, I’ll buy a Davis Traction Control.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Why concern yourself with shyt you can’t control. It is what it is and I ain’t skeered, I’ve got a grid and if it gets really bad, I’ll buy a Davis Traction Control.

Better do a good job of hiding that Davis Box Falling of chair laughing

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Don’t have to hide anything, there is no tech and besides they wouldn’t know what they were looking at or for.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Dint have to hide anything, there is no tech and besides they wiyjdnt know what they were looking at or for.

Unfortunately, that's probably true. I have a friend that bought a used bracket car a year ago that had an arc module mounted right next to the MSD box. Right out in the open.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
There are many using an arc. Besides, no tech, there are no rules at many big $ bracket races. You can even attempt to wreck your competitor without concern for disciplinary action.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The past two yrs I have had my Grid controller plugged into by a track official 2 times looking for the 7761 ARC.

7730 Grid is easy to police. If you have Grid and no 7740 CAN-Bus hub, you don’t have 7761 ARC module as you have no interface for it to Grid.

Here’s two items that would be tougher to police…. Holley HP/Dominator and FuelTech. Both traction control capable multiple ways. Here’s the part number for Holley’s unlocking software key, Part # 555-100.

No one has every asked to plug into my Holley HP that is mounted right next to the Grid. You don’t need to have EFI to use Holley ecu or FuelTech.

Posts: 2464 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
The one year at Rt 66 during qualifying. We all had to line up at the return road area right after the run. Pulling body panels and checking.

Divisional....

Wasn't a good day for one.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
those days are over, no tech at NHRA events anymore either.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Why would NHRA worry about tech and illegal stuff, only pays $1500 to win for $150-$175 entry fee. They are about getting their LODRS track fee, membership fees updated and they are headed home ASAP.

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1219 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Still plenty of Pimp Juice out there. We will busig plenty starting today on a very ****ty road while filming starts.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 989 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Toad1:
Why would NHRA worry about tech and illegal stuff, only pays $1500 to win for $150-$175 entry fee. They are about getting their LODRS track fee, membership fees updated and they are headed home ASAP.

Quoted for the truth.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
Is your local track having issues?

Yes. Been hearing it for months now. Personally, I'm not overly concerned. We'll all still be running on the same surfaces. But I don't make big power and have no plans to start. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I think the main components of the traction compound are commonly made and used here in America. I do not know why there is a shortage, seems like there may be more to this than meets the eye.

Even still yes some things are cheaper in China but those 55 gallon drums are heavy and take a long time to get here adding up to very expensive shipping costs. Seems like that is one of those things that the shipping cost would out weigh any cost savings in manufacturing.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4016 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
They've been using too much glue for several years. Time to scale back and work on suspension and tires.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post