DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Traction Compound Shortage
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Traction Compound Shortage
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
MSD to the resue. If we can launch 6000 plus hp A/fuel car using timing a 1100 hp dragster should be easy peasy.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TD3550:
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
This is from the US 41 Facebook page.

Some may know. Some may not. The reality of a Glue Shortage is true and it’s here. We started the year with our normal glue purchase with a reorder usually mid June and mid august. Only to find out we can no longer get it at that time. We’ve tried tracking across the country to locate some with no avail. Tracks all across the country are in this same position. And Unf there is no relief in site as to when or if they will make more of the Vp lc-7. Or the PJ1.
We’ve tried other products that are in limited supply like renegade and others and just cannot get it to work. We’ve been in talks with reps. Track prep guys and others and just cannot seem to find an answer.
So. Here’s we’re we are at. We got just enough lc-7 and a very little supply of Pj left to basically get through another month. Maybe 6 weeks if we run the schedule as posted with tnt, events and track rentals.

Well that shot that in the Azz for a couple of tests. I wonder if RT 66 is going to have the same issue for the divisional in August. One time deal is what is happening there in august.

I wouldn't even attempt to to try it there with out it. Gets loose real quick there between the 800 and beyond. Know all about it.

NHRA has the glue for that event I would assume? That event is going to be a cluster F with or without traction compound lol

Posts: 59 | Location: D3 | Registered: May 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
WTH is there not a shortage of is this country? Ok other than stupid people in government.
Like everything else, the chemicals to make traction compound is probably in China. They have us by the balls. They control the ingredients to a whole bunch of products we need daily.

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of regal
posted Hide Post
Tracks just need to be upfront if they are having issues and good racers will adapt and keep racing .

Chris Walters

Posts: 120 | Location: New Whiteland,Indiana | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
Sounds like a sticky situation......

Ha haaa! That was slick.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
Sounds like a sticky situation......

Ha haaa! That was slick.

I see what you did there

Posts: 794 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
Have been trying to decide which gear to get for car. Wondering if going up or going down would better. If this is the case it might just be better to go the safe route and go one step higher gear. Which just happens to be the highest price ratio I think.LOL

I always gear for the RPM I want at the finish line 1/4 mile (Even though they all run 1/8 mile here now) and use right stall to get you off the line.

I wonder if the Traction compound shortage is temporary or here to stay? I am already trying to change car set up to handle it better. Yes, you could do a high gear set up and it should help with traction issue but you would be slower and who wants to go slower? Certainly not me.

The Grid is not legal in some classes and traction control is not in most classes. So those are not options for all but if you can use a grid it could help.

Also if there is a tire that works better on a track not prepped as good? I know the MT tires work better on my car than all of the others I have tried. Have limited experience with this new problem but I am looking at it as chance to make my stuff hook up better.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4019 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The creme rises to the top.

Best prepped, smoothest track in Florida planned ahead.

Come on down to Florida!!

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:

Chevelle looks familiar... hmmm

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Third world civilization.

Be careful what you wish for.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
Sounds like eighth mile ONLY racing will be in our future.
I know here in D1 they will be running this years bracket finals 1/8 mile (or so I've heard).

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 955 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of bracketracer-78
posted Hide Post
Get Ready. I was told directly from Kyle Koretsky next year all cars at MG will be required to have a diaper. This is no rumor. He is working on the specifics but it is coming to at least MG in 2023. It is going to be an only MG rule but I would not be surprised that other tracks follow.

Posts: 141 | Location: Stevens, PA | Registered: April 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bracketracer-78:
Get Ready. I was told directly from Kyle Koretsky next year all cars at MG will be required to have a diaper. This is no rumor. He is working on the specifics but it is coming to at least MG in 2023. It is going to be an only MG rule but I would not be surprised that other tracks follow.

A mandatory class that teaches racers to pull off the track instead of driving to the furthest turnoff with windows in the oil pan, would be a more advantageous venture.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:

I think most of tracks here in Texas had a diaper rule effective Jan of this year for all cars with slicks. As it should be every where. Diapers are too cheap and work really well, they save clean up time and can save your car from a crash and could save your life. GET A DIAPER for all that have not already.

As for pulling off to the side if you throw rods out of the block well yes they should and it seems common sense....... Diaper or not.

I have seen people with transmission leak go down whole track not knowing they are making a mess.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4019 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I was unaware that the grid was illegal in anything. I have seen some really bad moves from guys simply coasting and laying down fluid. But first priority of course should be safely stopping …not getting into the marbles and as close to the wall as possible. Cleaning up a car takes more time than just cleaning up oil

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of bracketracer-78
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
quote:

I think most of tracks here in Texas had a diaper rule effective Jan of this year for all cars with slicks. As it should be every where. Diapers are too cheap and work really well, they save clean up time and can save your car from a crash and could save your life. GET A DIAPER for all that have not already.

As for pulling off to the side if you throw rods out of the block well yes they should and it seems common sense....... Diaper or not.

I have seen people with transmission leak go down whole track not knowing they are making a mess.

I'm only running low 12's in the 1/4, high 7's in the 1/8. Currently I have all the safety equipment to run 11 flat. I have no problem with adding a diaper. I agree that it should be stressed that if you even think you are leaking any fluid get over and out of the groove.

Posts: 141 | Location: Stevens, PA | Registered: April 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sr4440
posted Hide Post
Fire burnouts for the win!

Joe

Without data, you’re just another guy with an opinion.

Posts: 1300 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:

A mandatory class that teaches racers to pull off the track instead of driving to the furthest turnoff with windows in the oil pan, would be a more advantageous venture.

As usual the dumb ars cone crusher responds with a totally dumb ars response! I am sure any racer loosing a motor going 100 plus MPH is thinking lets get close to the wall before I slow down!

The bottom line is every race car should have an oil containment deal, period! Some will say your typical low HP bracket motors don't need,, but the high HP motors do, BS! Those low HP deals go years without freshen ups and when they blow, the oil spilled out is just as slippery as the high hp deals! It sucks to loose a motor but there is no reason to cause track down time along with added track expenses to clean the mess up when it's easily avoidable,,, or at least minimized by an oil containment system. Everyone wins when there is little to no cleanup after an engine expires!!!

I have seen a junior motor clean up take some real effort and time to clean up also.

The gray area is once you cross over to real street cars,,, for these cars I'd use an ET limit as a good compromise.

Posts: 2157 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post