DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Getting back into racing . . . but where is it?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Getting back into racing . . . but where is it?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CURTIS REED:
If you have drama on Facebook it’s on you. The reason I say that is that you don’t have to friend anyone. Just follow the tracks you want to see a schedule from and only go on there to see that. Simple. I always laugh when people say that about Facebook.

^^^^^^^^^ This.

I don't understand the aversion to Facebook. "I hate having updated and relevant news delivered directly to me instead of having to search all over for it, and I hate seeing winner's circle photos from friends all over the country on Monday morning!"

How'd y'all even get on the internet? Don't you just call the track phone to listen to that recording, or wait for flyers to show up in your mailbox? Don't mean to sound curmudgeonly, but it's technology. It's there to help you.

Agree with these guys. I'm relativity new to FB but felt I had to - just to find out what was going on at my home track. I have a hundred or so fake book friends, but if they are too dramatic or post crazy **** all the time I just block them, then I dont see the stupid stuff they post and no drama. Just racing, motorcycle stuff, for sale groups (racing parts), and my closest friends are all i see.

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hi All, thanks for the feedback!

When I chose to leave Facebook several years ago, it had nothing to do with drama. I agree whole heartedly with those of you who say that people create their own drama. I chose to leave simply because it seemed that I had no use for it anymore. Now that I am getting back into racing, it seems that I have a genuine need for it. I set up a new page, added the folks I wanted to add, and hid/unfollowed what I didn't want to see. I think I have it pretty well set up the way I want it now - pretty much nothing other than a whole bunch of racing info!

Thanks again for the feedback guys, I appreciate it.

Have a good one!
Jerry Marcum

Posts: 15 | Location: Union, KY | Registered: April 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of David_D.
posted Hide Post
Does your local track not publish a flyer or yearly schedule? You can always reach out to the local track via phone or email and see if they can give you a schedule of events.

David Deming
1974 Chevy Nova Custom Hatchback
Horsepower Innovations E85 Carb

Posts: 325 | Location: Nampa, ID | Registered: October 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hi David,

That's the way I remember it being several years ago when I was racing every week, but things have since changed. Now, a couple of the local tracks do and a couple don't. Some are, apparently, purely Facebook publishers these days and it seems that things seem to change week to week for some as well. I went ahead and rejoined. Hopefully I'll be back on the track soon!

Thanks again to all.
Jerry Marcum

Posts: 15 | Location: Union, KY | Registered: April 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J Marcum:
Hi David,

That's the way I remember it being several years ago when I was racing every week, but things have since changed. Now, a couple of the local tracks do and a couple don't. Some are, apparently, purely Facebook publishers these days and it seems that things seem to change week to week for some as well. I went ahead and rejoined. Hopefully I'll be back on the track soon!

Thanks again to all.
Jerry Marcum

Your observations are correct, Jerry. TH excluded, all the tracks within your and my normal orbit still have websites with published 2019 schedules... and all but 1 of them are already obsolete, due to on-the-fly changes announced on Facebook.

Ben Rawe 383H
1965 Chevy II Nova

Posts: 226 | Location: Alexandria, KY | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post