DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Trailer Roof Sealer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trailer Roof Sealer
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Bigdrive88
posted
Getting ready to reseal the trailer roof this spring. Just looking for advice on what you guys think is the best stuff to use.

Posts: 185 | Location: Hagerstown | Registered: September 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
I used Dicor Non sag Lap Sealant. Worked real well.

Posts: 2110 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DragRaceResults:
I used Dicor Non sag Lap Sealant. Worked real well.

^^^ Prep Pre Prep! Double coated mine.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4503 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
There are several out there. The one i use in Semi Roof Sealant is Manus Bond 65H. You apply it with a brush. "Wear gloves when applying". This is industrial sealant for roofs that i use when doing roof flat work on Semi trailers.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I scraped and brushed out the old sealer then washed it all with lacquer thinner. I sealed with Lexel but I think a good polyurethane sealer would do well. Then I taped all of the roof seams with peel and seal from Lowes.I split it down to 3" wide. I've since pressure washed the roof and the tape is doing fine after over 5 years. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Peel-...oll-Flashing/1018733 Eternabond is also a good tape to use.

Posts: 1462 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bigdrive88
posted Hide Post
Just curious did you put anything over the tape

quote:
Originally posted by Eman:
I scraped and brushed out the old sealer then washed it all with lacquer thinner. I sealed with Lexel but I think a good polyurethane sealer would do well. Then I taped all of the roof seams with peel and seal from Lowes.I split it down to 3" wide. I've since pressure washed the roof and the tape is doing fine after over 5 years. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Peel-...oll-Flashing/1018733 Eternabond is also a good tape to use.

Posts: 185 | Location: Hagerstown | Registered: September 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I used the Manus Bond 65H also. Awesome stuff!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post