New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are you a Patriot?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
Today we observe 243 years of the great republic. To me, the anniversary is a marker for Patriots. In fact, it is always time to be a Patriot. It is just as important today as 243 years ago.

Question; are you a Patriot?

Do you have a Patriot spirit?

America! Does just the sound excite you?

America, home sweet home, America, land of the free and home of the brave, America, in God we trust.  

My thoughts turn to those early patriots.

"Why did they do it? Why did they leave their homes and march to the battle lines?"

They left the security of their homes [however meager the home front was, it was much better than marching to war]

At home, they at least had some shelter, a fireplace, and food

​They were just common folks, farmers, carpenters, workers, blacksmith, storekeepers, yet, they answered the call. ​Being a patriot does not require any special skills, it only requires that you answer the call. 

In addition, they had faith in the leader, he was known to be a man of God, a man of vision, a man who would lead the way to a better life. 

So, I ask you, because the early Patriots won independence for America, does that mean we just relax and coast on their victory?

Of course not, the battle is ongoing, We must continue the quest, we must fan the flames of freedom, we must cultivate the patriotic spirit. 

It is just as important today, maybe even more so. 

America! Home sweet home, America, land of the free and home of the brave, America, in God we trust.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1827 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Add me to that list....

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Sometimes we take for granted the "freedoms" we have in this great Nation. While not perfect, at least we have the opportunity to work hard and "go racing" if we choose. I have been somewhat disturbed at the griping about the cost of the "CELEBRATION" of our freedom today in our Capital. We probably should be glad we don't know what some of the other expenses our legislatures waste our tax dollars on. If they are so upset over the cost, I'll pitch in $100 to help offset the expense and even mail it to them. This will not only help offset this expense, but will give our poorly run postal system a boost. Can't beat that.

Posts: 74 | Location: oklahoma | Registered: November 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
Not worthy

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3303 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
No better place in the world nor nation in history better than this one. God bless America.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6367 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jimv245
posted Hide Post
10 year Navy veteran
56 year American

Jim Gleason

Posts: 90 | Location: Kimberly, Al | Registered: January 11, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
America...The best place on the planet

Happy 4th to all the patriots

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1217 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
America greatest nation on earth. I get so pissed when I hear this crap that America never was that great or its ok. Is it perfect? Nothing is. The imperfection is in the eye of the beholder just as the beauty of it is. In my eye the imperfection is the large numbers gripping about something that happened 150 years ago or how they are upset by a statue.Those who complain how bad something here is but they never try to leave,even when they say the will if something happens that displeases them.

With millions upon millions we waste.I see nothing wrong with spend a few for a Birthday party for AMERICA.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4170 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Love my country! USA

Politicians, not so much........

I have the flag flying inside the shop area of my business where everyone can see it, and on the wing of the racecar that is removed after the burnout.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Love America, the gigantic American flag in our front yard sort of confirms that commitment.

VFW 5867

Bob

Posts: 3075 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Boucher Jr
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday America.

Now, tracks listen up, I like a good old fashioned Star Spangled Banner. Dont go gookin it up with some dumb A$$ jimmi hendrix version or some lame wad singers with no instruments. I like to visiualize Chuck Yeager comin out of the clouds in a wide open P-51 all the way down to ground level and strafing a bunch of muslims with the nose mounted 50 cal. Right when he gets the last one John Wayne walks out of the tower and punches AOC so hard in the jaw he knocks her head off. Now i cant think of happy thoughts like that when im all ticked off because of some dope smokin dead hippys version of our countries national anthem is playing.

I dont wanna be a downer on the fourth so ill end with a great motivational quote from one of our legends.

"I'd bomb 'em again if they asked me to."
-Paul Tibbets

Posts: 236 | Location: Il. | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Bruce Williams
posted Hide Post
happy birthday America!
A big thumbs up to all of the previous post!!

Bruce Lee Cool

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Chandler Arizona | Registered: August 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I have had the honor of serving in the company of patriots. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Yeah these male and female so called sports figures forgot who died to give them the opportunity to play and make huge sums. Obviously did not pass History in school. Pretty sad!
USA

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4470 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of fatpack
posted Hide Post
Very well put! Thank you for posting. I would like to copy and share this if I may? Not leaving out credit to you of course!

quote:
Originally posted by Larry Woodfin:
Today we observe 243 years of the great republic. To me, the anniversary is a marker for Patriots. In fact, it is always time to be a Patriot. It is just as important today as 243 years ago.

Question; are you a Patriot?

Do you have a Patriot spirit?

America! Does just the sound excite you?

America, home sweet home, America, land of the free and home of the brave, America, in God we trust.  

My thoughts turn to those early patriots.

"Why did they do it? Why did they leave their homes and march to the battle lines?"

They left the security of their homes [however meager the home front was, it was much better than marching to war]

At home, they at least had some shelter, a fireplace, and food

​They were just common folks, farmers, carpenters, workers, blacksmith, storekeepers, yet, they answered the call. ​Being a patriot does not require any special skills, it only requires that you answer the call. 

In addition, they had faith in the leader, he was known to be a man of God, a man of vision, a man who would lead the way to a better life. 

So, I ask you, because the early Patriots won independence for America, does that mean we just relax and coast on their victory?

Of course not, the battle is ongoing, We must continue the quest, we must fan the flames of freedom, we must cultivate the patriotic spirit. 

It is just as important today, maybe even more so. 

America! Home sweet home, America, land of the free and home of the brave, America, in God we trust.

Walt

Posts: 56 | Location: Sykesville | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
It gives me a smile to share my thoughts. I wrote this piece for a program we did for the Independence Day celebration. We performed several patriotic songs plus this piece.

The director asked me to provide a "talking part" during the presentation, after a time of pondering, this was the result.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1827 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post