Find
Notify
Tools

Rained out today.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted
They pulled the plug at Indy today and hope for a better tomorrow.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Feel sorry for those boys. Raced 3 days at Bristol $10,000 Fri and Sun and $110,000 to win on Sat. + a $7000 gamblers race and a $5000 Calcutta. and no one spent as much as those at Indy. Even after the splits I doubt any of the sportsman racers got close to that Bristol money.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Feel sorry for those boys. Raced 3 days at Bristol $10,000 Fri and Sun and $110,000 to win on Sat. + a $7000 gamblers race and a $5000 Calcutta. and no one spent as much as those at Indy. Even after the splits I doubt any of the sportsman racers got close to that Bristol money.

Why feel sorry for them. They had over 850 cars at Indy. Some people still like chasing wallys and saying they were at the biggest drag race in the world. To each his own.

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I guess

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Hammond:
Why feel sorry for them. They had over 850 cars at Indy. Some people still like chasing wallys and saying they were at the biggest drag race in the world. To each his own.

EXACTLY and it is! Count Hunter Patton amongst those too.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
How is Indy different than a Big$$$ race?

Is it because you can't show up and pay cash? I need to go to go to X amount of races to play?

Indy is for heads up classes and they are surely lacking as well. Afhs in effect didn't help.

Winning Indy is the same as any national. Competition is the same at any race.
Not taking anything away from the winners. Congrats!

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post