DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    NHRA ANNOUNCES REVISED PLAN TO RESTART 2020 MELLO YELLO DRAG RACING SERIES
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NHRA ANNOUNCES REVISED PLAN TO RESTART 2020 MELLO YELLO DRAG RACING SERIES
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DragRaceResults:

Tentative schedule announcements for the Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series, E3 Spark Plugs NHRA Pro Mod Series, Mickey Thompson Tires NHRA Top Fuel Harley Series, and SAMtech.edu NHRA Factory Stock Showdown series will be released following the Mello Yello Drag Racing Series announcement.

This is kind of like dangling a carrot in front of the horse. They could have provided a wag when it will be released.

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2501 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
The way the schedule is right now it is going to be Brutal and Expensive for the teams. I would not be surprised to see a lot of Pro Teams sit it out.

We all understand these are strange times but 16 weeks racing in a row all over the Country? Wow!

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3973 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
16 races in 3 months. There cannot be a hicup because they are out of makeup dates. Also I don't see the fuel teams having enough parts for 16 in a row.

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1004 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Changes are coming to that schedule

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I see a format very similar to what IHRA did a few years back before they folded.

They will have a National event with all NHRA classes.Maybe add a bracket race along with it.

They will have a few hour "show" with a couple Funny Cars,a couple Top Fuel Dragsters,a few jets,a wheelstander,and a guy riding a motorcycle with no hands.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
In D4 we have 2 Lucas oil races scheduled for June, Tulsa and Houston. Both tracks are open so I see no reason for them not to be ran.
Hopefully Heartland park Topeka will be open by July for the double D5 race there

I had already made the decision to start in Tulsa on June 6th. Then Houston,Ennis, and Noble. I hope it works out.

Regan Wilson Super Street 469C

Posts: 295 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Pomona fairplex has canceled all events through the middle of May. Lots of time to get things moving along

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The fairplrx canceled all swap meets and the L.A. Roadster show fathers day weekend. June 19th and 20th.

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1004 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The fairplex canceled event through mid May, the promoters canceled later events which you should agree is pretty smart