DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    WHAT ARE YOU EATING TO STAY HEALTH revisited
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WHAT ARE YOU EATING TO STAY HEALTH revisited
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
My deal works for me, Paul's works for him, etc, etc.

Dragracers agree on something???LOL

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12277 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
In all honesty, the jury is out on what I'm doing. It was recommended by a buddy that does triathlons. It is all new to me, but as an engineer it makes sense. I do know from cycling 9,000 miles in a few years, exercise alone will not result in weight loss.
I'll check in in Jan with results.

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12149 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
All my life I've tried to be carefully in what I have eaten, only organic food, no salt, little to no processed food and no fast food. In the end sometimes it won't change the outcome, it still can be, as in my case, determined by genetics.

Bob

Posts: 3081 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by adv ET 266:
In all honesty, the jury is out on what I'm doing. It was recommended by a buddy that does triathlons. It is all new to me, but as an engineer it makes sense. I do know from cycling 9,000 miles in a few years, exercise alone will not result in weight loss.
I'll check in in Jan with results.

You are 100% correct Paul. I cycle also but that alone will not get you lean. I see many "fat" cyclist that have great cardio endurance but you would not know it from looking at them.

Proper diet is key especially as we get older. I also weight train, nothing really heavy but I do have a program that works for me.

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
You all dropping weight and even better feeling great! what’s the results ???

Right

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Diagnosed with diabetes two months ago,I knew before went in. So to stay healthy according to foods limited to I eat nothing everything is bad for me. Well unless it taste like shyt.
Bad side to 30 plus years of cooking very well,I know what good food taste like.

To top it off doctor gives me metformin which make me hungry all day.Hell how many veggies(the ones allowed) can one person eat. Need to shoot more deer next year. Tenderloin everyday just not on biscuit with gravy,Heck they even screwed that up.

Even had to back down my milk consumption.Told doctor I was down to gallon a week.He said too much.I said he11 that's down 5 to 6 a week.LOL

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4180 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Al Alguire:
Eat less move more..

That is all

Bingo.. it works. Buying 5 acres keeps me moving.. so does my wife , aka Sgt Slaughter!lmao

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4481 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Knocked down carbs and lost 12 lbs. I work out first thing in the morning for 35 minutes 4 times a week. 6'3" 224#.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6386 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Simple, step on the scale every morning after your # 2. My weight is 170. If I am 172, I don't eat much that day, if I am 168 I eat what ever I want. Next day, repeat. Oh yes, one other thing..... if your toilet bowl has skid marks in it, you are not eating right!

It's not what you've got, it's what you give, it's not the life you choose, it's the life you live.

Posts: 2120 | Location: Napa, California | Registered: December 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
here's all you need to know, we all consume way too much sugar and wheat products. Eliminate them from your diet and you'll be healthy, fit and not over weight. 1500 calories a day is more than enough for the average person's well being.

How could you possible say that a 100 pound woman working in an office needs the same number of calories as a 300 pound NFL lineman? Have you always been an MKIA? or is this just a recent affliction? MKIA=MrKnowItAll

It's not what you've got, it's what you give, it's not the life you choose, it's the life you live.

Posts: 2120 | Location: Napa, California | Registered: December 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
a 300 pound NFL lineman got that way from eating steroids and HGH. Don't matter what he eats, he'll be dead long before the average lifespan, most likely from a heart related issue. NahNahTounge

"The average life expectancy or lifespan of an American football NFL player has been reported to be extremely low, only 53 to 59 years depending on playing position."

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Just remember water consumption should be at the top of your list to stay healthy.... Most people just do not follow this, they believe diet sodas are the same as water.... and that is not good for your body.

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
My favorite healthy thing,well wife doesn't share it like she use to and gets mad if I try new buffet.LOL

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4180 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I got to 77 years old eating what ever is in front of me and keep moving every day. MOVING! 6ft tall 185 lbs....keep moving!!!!!

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
How much water do you guys drink a day?

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I educate patients on nutrition and diabetes daily.

1) Drink 4 liters of water a day
2) cut out sodas completely (even diet)
3) watch the processed sugar intake
4) dont skip breakfast
5) eat 5-6 small meals and snacks a day instead of 2 very large meals. Meals should get smaller as the day goes on. Stop eating at least 2-3 hours before bed. Large amounts of food at one time cause the pancreas to work 10 fold to pump out the insulin demand that is needed.
6) try to only eat food that has lived and died, or food that will rot and decay. A bag of cheetos will not rot

7) Drink water before you really even get out of bed and get to moving for the day. The most common time for strokes and heart attacks is first thing in the morning. Your body has been laying idle all night and has a greater chance at forming a clot. Water can help break up that clot. Also, water first thing in the morning lets your body know that it is awake and will switch back to day time metabolism. The bodies metabolism slows while sleeping.

Of course try to combine with exercise. Just walking 2-3 miles each day will greatly help.

Posts: 785 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I do 4 and 5 pretty good but none of the rest. I hardly drink any water, do drink un sweetened tea but not a lot. I usually walk a lot although not in any particular way but that has been cut down since I hurt my knee. Dr is working on getting that straightened out. But you got to keep moving, don't smoke, and stay out of the booze Wink

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Boucher Jr
posted Hide Post
Thems all wise tails. Live off a marlboro folgers diet dew and eat once a day around 8 at night havent had water unless it was an ice cube in a jack n coke since last summer and im healthy as some kind a horse. Trick is = stay away from run around sue! Rockin robin and barbra anne are good to go tho.

Posts: 236 | Location: Il. | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
I don't drink or smoke. I do drink 1 or 2 cups of coffee a day. A cup of milk each day. Sometimes a diet coke each day. I know better. My doctor told me I need 100 ounces of water each day. My neighbor recently passed. She was 108 yrs old. Sugar and soft drinks are bad news.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Footloose:
How much water do you guys drink a day?

I'd guess about a gallon of water a day on average for me. First thing I do when I get to work is fill a 32 oz stadium cup, and drink it right down without leaving the sink, then fill it up again. I'll have at least 3 of those during the day, plus drink water at home, and the water in food.

And move. I feel much more better since I started moving. Most of what I do is simple walking, and am mixing some other stuff in, working the heavy bag, want to lift some too. I'm behind a desk all day, got to move.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post