DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Blue Beacon Truck Wash
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blue Beacon Truck Wash
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
clearly based on some of the replies here, drag racers don't know what service to ask for and they allow minimum wage wash jockey who is trying to upsell to make more $ to decide for them.

if it's not obvious by now, FYI...our trailers, trucks and motor homes don't need nor do you want, the same caustic, acid wash aka "aluminum brightener" that over the road tractor trailers need.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
^^^^^Idiot Alert^^^^^

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Da Shoe
posted Hide Post
I have to agree with ED here. I think the main issue/ common mistake is that we either don't specifically say NO ACID OR CHEMICALS or they accidentally do it anyway. The main thing I will do each time is make sure they all know before pulling in that I dont want any chemicals or acid of any kind.

Posts: 608 | Location: Da Swamp!!!! | Registered: October 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
You can tell a 20 something year old what you want...THEY f it up ALL the time.

Take your chances with the dont give a crap youth of today...I got too big of rig to rewax all the time and simply can't TRUST em to take good care of my VERY LARGE INVESTMENT.

JMO

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Take your chances with the dont give a crap youth of today...

Hey! The youth of today is our future for tomorrow!!!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Chris, there are some good ones...my kid, your kid and all those minimum wage wash jockeys I've encountered at Blue Beacon's all over the country that listened to exactly what I wanted done and didn't charge me for extras. Big Grin

THAT's how you know you're not getting the acid wash aka aluminum brightener because it's not on your receipt. Wink

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Maybe I'm isolated living out in the sticks. My son is a worker and a straight A student. Busted a22 with a tree service all summer and always first to jump in and work on home stuff or race cars. If he has a day off, he asks what I need him to do.

His friends aren't all like that of course. But some are. His closer friends have started joining us at the race track. When we bring my car and the jr, there is very little I need to do for him. His friends have part time jobs....Brady usually doesn't during the school year because of sports. There are dill rods, just like when we were growing up. Almost harder for kids to pick up jobs today with the high minimum wage. Adults pick up a lot of those jobs now. Now that my kid can drive, it makes employment easier, especially with local farmers. A lot of kids don't want to do farm work, or detassle....just like when I was a kid. Are things a little different today? Well of course! But sometimes not as different as it seems.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6398 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Receipt says one thing...the look of rig says another. Half the time I am out there helping. My polished wheels normally look worse after I go thru the streakin beacons...just my experiences.

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Da Shoe
posted Hide Post
Just went through a different location today and no issues at all. They completely understood what I was saying and what I wanted. 2 for 2

Posts: 608 | Location: Da Swamp!!!! | Registered: October 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Right