DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Transbrake button for no-box
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Transbrake button for no-box
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Been running footbrake but I want to put transbrake button for no box was wondering what other people were using,Thanks

Posts: 2 | Location: Baton Rouge,La | Registered: May 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
I have used many different brands. No difference for me. I think they are all made in china. Just reboxed and branded. I never recalled seeing one made in the USA. SAD!

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of sst5167
posted Hide Post
Search Duran Racing Products. He has a newly designed long throw Predator button that looks really nice. I'm a top bulb racer, so I don't have any experience with it. But what I like about his design is, there isn't any shims or springs for the adjustment. It looks like a threaded adjustment.

Mike Boehner

Posts: 92 | Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ | Registered: January 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info that looks like a nice piece

Posts: 2 | Location: Baton Rouge,La | Registered: May 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
I'd suggest just trying a regular, nothing special button first, and only switch to a long-throw button if you can't stay green.

I use a Biondo Terminator, but my car has a fast Pro Tree transbrake. I never adjust the button to change reaction time. I make RPM changes.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3153 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of SST386
posted Hide Post
There's one called Just n Time. Poke around on here and you'll find some info on it.

Posts: 361 | Location: KENTUCKY | Registered: May 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
JNT!

Jeremy McKague
s/c 341a

Posts: 589 | Location: .001 in front of you | Registered: October 18, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of DragRaceSolutions.com
posted Hide Post
The Just-N-Time button and JNT XL are 100% Made in U.S.A.

The micro switch itself does come from out of the country, but the housing, switch, springs and bolts are all USA made products.

www.JNTButton.com

Wink

Home of Collector Tethers ~ Just-N-Time Buttons & Drag Race Solutions products

www.DragRaceSolutions.com
Sales@DragRaceSolutions.com

Posts: 85 | Location: Tennessee, U.S.A. | Registered: July 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I've been using a Just-N-Time for a couple of years, very consistent and alot of adjustment.

Your best bet is to buy a standard release botton first, see how much adjustment you can make with the car. tire pressure, launch Rpm etc..

Posts: 461 | Location: Indy | Registered: September 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of MM Racing
posted Hide Post
I use the Apex Machine transbrake button. http://apexmachining.com/transbrake-button/ Super consistent and NRHA approved.

-Phil Watkins
Midnight Machine Racing

Posts: 133 | Location: Arizona | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
https://www.ebay.com/itm/OMRON...dExpress!37857!US!-1
Try a simple switch first. If it's not a pro brake you might not need to slow down. Where you mount is important when no boxing since it's leaving when you let go. Instead of using a TB I just use a 2 step to footbrake and level the field a little.

Posts: 1454 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Here is my thoughts on it. I have the Just in Time and I guess it is probably the best of the slow release buttons but they are still limited. IMHO. My car will go Red on 400 (.370?) tree. I tried it bottom bulb racing with the JNT button along with lowering RPM, lower pressure in tires, transbrake release in the reid case and nothing could slow it enough to do the job on my car. But I needed to kill about .110 and that is out of its range. Once again my opinion. Also with the lighter springs the less consistent and reliable they are. The button must be horizontal or even pointing down some.

One race I got down to 3 cars and when I released the button the car did not release. I literally let off, looked down and pulled it out to go. If your car is fairly slow and you only need to kill a little to keep from going red they are good. But if your car is fast and reacts fast then I have not found a way to reliably leave off bottom bulb with transbrake.

With my quick release button I was going .001 to .007 red (on .400 pro tree) so now I am back to using the JNT button with fairly stiff springs and it is working good.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4001 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post