Share |
DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Tesla tree sensing technology
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Tesla tree sensing technology
 Login/Join
 
DRR S/Pro
posted
https://m.facebook.com/story.p...l&id=100000117106917

Just a quick video in the link to show that Tesla's are 100% capable of reading a tree (specific light change) and reacting to it.

FYI, this is my Tesla.


.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link
 
Posts: 1077 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
jut another reason to banned them from drag racing. if one can do it they all can be made to


Your first mistake was thinking your opinion made a d a m n

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.
 
Posts: 3356 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Matrix
posted Hide Post
Don't the new Audis also have some form this technology? I think saw where they have a countdown on the dash to let you know when your light was going to change to green


Daryl Pinder

Dynasty Motorsports
www.dynastymotorsports.com


 
Posts: 448 | Location: Ft. Washington, MD USA | Registered: March 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
jut another reason to banned them from drag racing. if one can do it they all can be made to


They ran a special class at the Division bracket finals for EV's.

Until we can banish the idiots, you better get used to them.


"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375
 
Posts: 1179 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
We're crazy if we think it isn't being used in bracket racing. Especially big money bracket racing.



ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
Posts: 545 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
jut another reason to banned them from drag racing. if one can do it they all can be made to


They ran a special class at the Division bracket finals for EV's.

Until we can banish the idiots, you better get used to them.


They ran a special class that was EV only, but they also allowed EV'S in all the other classes as well. Including sportsman, that doesn't even allow a 2 step or automatic shifter lol


.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link
 
Posts: 1077 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
jut another reason to banned them from drag racing. if one can do it they all can be made to


All Tesla's can do this stock.


.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link
 
Posts: 1077 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
All the new cars come with built in 2 steps.
He ll my 2008 VW Golf had it.
All you had to do was put it in low and deck it with your foot on the brake.

As far as Tree sensing, any and ALL SELF Driving cars have it, they have to or they'll never leave a stop light.

Look at this:
https://onroadpositioning.trim...wEAAYAyAAEgLRgPD_BwE


Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA
 
Posts: 921 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
We don't police non-electric vehicles well enough to warrant an outright ban. The capability exists to cheat in any class with readily available hardware. People aren't even scratching the surface of what is possible in this regard.
 
Posts: 89 | Location: Inverness, Fl | Registered: November 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Yes an ALL NEED to be banned from bracket racing at least at ones I’m in……SFG needs to STEP UP an ban them…..pretty sure Biondo has for now….
 
Posts: 1093 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
Yes an ALL NEED to be banned from bracket racing at least at ones I’m in……SFG needs to STEP UP an ban them…..pretty sure Biondo has for now….


Loose rocker has as well
 
Posts: 608 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
So the technology exists, but no one thinks anyone is capable of using the same technology in a dragster?
 
Posts: 672 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by racerdude2054:
So the technology exists, but no one thinks anyone is capable of using the same technology in a dragster?


Everyone thinks it can be used in any vehicle. Thats what this entire thread is about.
 
Posts: 608 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of 1320racer
posted Hide Post
Just another nail in the coffin of what we do and the truth is no one cares about cheating, participants, promoters, sanctioning bodies and least of which is those that have nothing to lose. Cheating in sports, cheating in competitions, cheating when gambling go hand in hand and always has, always will.


O'IT!

Offering 1st hand experience and advice based on 3 decades of on track proven performance

"if you guys are so broke dyck you can't buy USA made parts you need to stay the fuc at home that's the bottomline" ----Tim McAmis



 
Posts: 12092 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I got news for you guys, this has been going on longer than Tesla's have been around. I remember years ago going to MIR and when I pulled to the tree there was something wrapped around the top bulbs....I didn't care because I was footbraking, but I asked a guy beside be what it was and he said pantyhose....There were some rumors flying around about tree sensors then...

Nevermind the fact that you might be able to read the tree, Electric cars should not be allowed in bracket classes period.

Why bust your azz trying to make a gas setup consistent? Just buy a Tesla and rig a delay box up, or better yet, maybe it can cut a light for you too. Roll Eyes
 
Posts: 1524 | Location: PA | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of 1320racer
posted Hide Post
Technology is outpacing by leaps and bounds, bracket racing.


O'IT!

Offering 1st hand experience and advice based on 3 decades of on track proven performance

"if you guys are so broke dyck you can't buy USA made parts you need to stay the fuc at home that's the bottomline" ----Tim McAmis



 
Posts: 12092 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sr4440
posted Hide Post
There is an easy fix, just change the bulbs, change the red and green bulbs, won't make any difference to humans. LOL


Joe


Without data, you’re just another guy with an opinion.
 
Posts: 1261 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by moparacer:
I got news for you guys, this has been going on longer than Tesla's have been around. I remember years ago going to MIR and when I pulled to the tree there was something wrapped around the top bulbs....I didn't care because I was footbraking, but I asked a guy beside be what it was and he said pantyhose....There were some rumors flying around about tree sensors then...

Nevermind the fact that you might be able to read the tree, Electric cars should not be allowed in bracket classes period.

Why bust your azz trying to make a gas setup consistent? Just buy a Tesla and rig a delay box up, or better yet, maybe it can cut a light for you too. Roll Eyes
You don’t have to RIG UP a delay box anymore they done figured that out
 
Posts: 1093 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tom Reyer
posted Hide Post
Someone explain how you would use this in bracket racing. Anyone? I'm not looking for a theory or maybes, we all can make **** up.

Post some hard facts or it's just more rumors and speculation.

https://www.tesla.com/support/...he%20intended%20lane

quote:
Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control (Beta) identifies stop signs and traffic lights and automatically slows your car to a stop upon approach while using Autopilot, with your active supervision. To enable, shift your car into PARK and tap Controls > Autopilot > Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control (Beta), then engage Traffic-Aware Cruise Control or Autosteer.

When Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control (Beta) is enabled, the driving visualization displays upcoming traffic lights, stop signs or road markings at intersections where your car may need to stop. As you approach an intersection, even if the traffic light is green, your car will display a red line to indicate where the vehicle will stop and the vehicle will begin to slow. To continue through the stop line, pull the Autopilot stalk or briefly tap the accelerator pedal to confirm that it is safe to proceed. At this time, Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control does not turn the vehicle, whether you are in a turn lane or have your blinker on.

Notifications on the touchscreen will provide a stop reason (stop sign or traffic light) and will also provide an estimated distance to when your vehicle will stop. If the Traffic Light notification does not indicate a light color, your vehicle has not confirmed the traffic control state.

As with all Autopilot features, you must be in control of your vehicle, pay attention to its surroundings and be ready to take immediate action including braking. This feature is in Beta and may not stop for all traffic controls. While Traffic and Stop Sign Control is enabled on surface streets with Autosteer active, your speed will be confined to the noted limit. Please review the Owner’s Manual for additional information, instructions for use and warnings.


https://www.tesla.com/ownersma...84-605A77EA152C.html

Someone show us how to incorporate this into bracket racing and warrant them banning EV's.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tom Reyer,


72 Nova "Hooptie"
 
Posts: 577 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Reyer:
Someone explain how you would use this in bracket racing. Anyone? I'm not looking for a theory or maybes, we all can make **** up.

Post some hard facts or it's just more rumors and speculation.

https://www.tesla.com/support/...he%20intended%20lane

quote:
Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control (Beta) identifies stop signs and traffic lights and automatically slows your car to a stop upon approach while using Autopilot, with your active supervision. To enable, shift your car into PARK and tap Controls > Autopilot > Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control (Beta), then engage Traffic-Aware Cruise Control or Autosteer.

When Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control (Beta) is enabled, the driving visualization displays upcoming traffic lights, stop signs or road markings at intersections where your car may need to stop. As you approach an intersection, even if the traffic light is green, your car will display a red line to indicate where the vehicle will stop and the vehicle will begin to slow. To continue through the stop line, pull the Autopilot stalk or briefly tap the accelerator pedal to confirm that it is safe to proceed. At this time, Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control does not turn the vehicle, whether you are in a turn lane or have your blinker on.

Notifications on the touchscreen will provide a stop reason (stop sign or traffic light) and will also provide an estimated distance to when your vehicle will stop. If the Traffic Light notification does not indicate a light color, your vehicle has not confirmed the traffic control state.

As with all Autopilot features, you must be in control of your vehicle, pay attention to its surroundings and be ready to take immediate action including braking. This feature is in Beta and may not stop for all traffic controls. While Traffic and Stop Sign Control is enabled on surface streets with Autosteer active, your speed will be confined to the noted limit. Please review the Owner’s Manual for additional information, instructions for use and warnings.


Someone show us how to incorporate this into bracket racing and warrant them banning EV's.


Its not a theory or a rumor. Tesla has proven they can make an automobile react to a light changing.
 
Posts: 608 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 

DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Tesla tree sensing technology

© DragRaceResults.com 2023