DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Methanol Barrel Pump
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Methanol Barrel Pump
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Yeager
posted
In the market for a Barrel Pump that works well with Methanol. I tried using the pump I used for gas and it lasted one day.... now it's locked up.

I need a pump for 55 gallon barrels.

Any suggestions appreciated!

Mark Yeager

Posts: 1380 | Location: Hollister,CA | Registered: April 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I use the Harbor Freight air barrel pump. I had one that one of the racers was selling but it did not work as well so I bought the Harbor Freight one. Just be careful not to hit it with too much air. When I got mine it was like $49. I also added a plastic hose from Home Depot.
https://www.harborfreight.com/...rrel-pump-93755.html

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3981 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
X2…

Posts: 1251 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
X3

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
Got a Flo-Fast for the drum and our 5 gallon jugs. both have worked Great. Jegs sells them and I think Luke's a dealer.

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I made an air pump with PVC pipe. look on Youtube

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The manual, inexpensive pumps from Grainger and other costs less than $20.00, and if you drain them after usage, they will last a season or two.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1828 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
x4 on the Harbor Freight pump, although after 6-7 seasons mine leaks pretty good. Still worth not having to hand pump it.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3149 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Bought this hand crank pump probably 20 years ago or more at Grainger, works great, no leaks.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Got the HF one as well, works great, but switching over to the Flow Fast pump after this season. No air required and methanol compatible...

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I always used a barrel cradle tilt it over and fill 5 gal jug with a spigot.

Posts: 9 | Location: Illinois | Registered: January 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
I used to be a dealer for the Flo Fast pump. They work well but I have a couple of issues with mine now (After 10 years. lol)
The seal on the handle side will dry out and leak, also it will dry out internally and seem to catch as you crank it.

I use mine to pump from jug into car, to go from barrel to jug I welded a pipe to a spare drum bung and added a metal tire valve stem and just pump air into barrel forcing fuel out to jug.

EDIT: Spare parts are available direct from Flo Fast if needed. I replaced the crank on mine a couple of years ago.

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3304 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Yeager
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies gentlemen!

Mark Yeager

Posts: 1380 | Location: Hollister,CA | Registered: April 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Flo fast with a 15gal jig here.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 463 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post