DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Moving back home to Colorado
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Moving back home to Colorado
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted
Well, after two years, I've decided to move back to my home in the mountains of Colorado. Yeah, the front range of Colorado is a liberal ****hole, but the mountains are not, and people are PISSED. Leaving the heat and humidity of Florida to go back to the dry mountain air!!! Many reasons for it, some company related, but I won't get into that....Got a great job offer and all my friends and family want me back. Not with current company though....it's time to part ways after 13 years...just don't like the direction they are headed in.

On the other hand, if anybody is looking to move to Florida, my house is up for sale. House is a 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 1845 sqft on half an acre, and includes an insulated and air conditioned 2000sqft shop......if anybody is looking and is SERIOUS, please pm me about it for more details.......

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1468 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Nothing like being able to move back home especially to the mountains. But it may be a pain dealing with the libs. Good luck

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Nothing like being able to move back home especially to the mountains. But it may be a pain dealing with the libs. Good luck

It's not so much the people as it is the politicians....yeah, there are some I'll have to have words with that they won't enjoy, but if I can get the house I'm looking at, I won't have to deal with them 95% of the time....

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1468 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Congrats. Would have not been able to handle Florida heat that long. Colorado Is gorgeous place.Some of its people not so much,but hey thats everywhere.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I understand the motive for moving back to the mountains of Colorado. Although Florida has it's attractions the humidity and "small flying objects" can become a real pain in the azz. I was raised on a farm (Sheerlund Farm) in eastern Pennsylvania and even though I love the California weather I do miss the Pennsylvania countryside, just not the snow and ice

Bob.

Posts: 3083 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Enough Florida bashing. I was born and raised in Islamorada. Spent most of late youth in Miami. However I have lived in various parts of the USA, i.e. Colorado Springs, Centennial Wyoming, Sequin, Texas and Indiana. The worst humidity and heat I have ever seen was in Indiana in the summer. At a S/Q race in Muncie the temp was 95* and the humidity was 83%. Try tuning an engine in that krap. BTW, track surface temp was 140*. Being from the south humidity and heat are a way of life you become conditioned to. This winter while some of you are up to your eyeballs in snow, ice, cold rainy days, I'll be racing, playing golf and burning up a lot of gas in the boat. I can also do that in the summer. Mark, sorry to see you leave but I understand, Florida is not for everyone, supporting yourself and your family is paramount. Good luck in your new venture.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
hey fair reporting here. We did bash Florida weather. We also bashed Colorado liberals. So I call it fair.

Don't happen much now days. LMAO

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
The worst humidity and heat I have ever seen was in Indiana in the summer.

Born and raised in IN so I know the drill there. Stationed in the army at Homestead AFB, know the drill there. Spent 6 weeks in Houston one summer and went home with a friend for the weekend in Lafayette, LA. Now THAT'S the hottest place I've ever been. Also worked out of the New Orleans office for 4 years, so know the drill there. Had a buddy come stay with me in OKC to attend a car show in August! He never came back. But like I told him, it wasn't OK's fault, it was the organizers fault for scheduling an outside event for Aug. Laughing Hard

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Born in St. Paul, Minnesota in '41, raised in eastern Pennsylvania and Florida. One was too cold, one was too humid and one was both too cold in the Winter and too humid in the Summer. The best part of all of them is that they are in the United States of America!

Love this Country!

Bob

Posts: 3083 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Touche. Everyplace has its benefits and downfalls. But, hey, we are in the USA. Best place to be anywhere. In spite of the liberals or the weather.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maliciousintent:
Touche. Everyplace has its benefits and downfalls. But, hey, we are in the USA. Best place to be anywhere. In spite of the liberals or the weather.

Amen brother/ Something we can all agree on.Well the smart ones anyway.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Chris you and I are kind of in the promised land. Does get hot a few days in the summer but not much snow and hurricanes don't usually come this far inland + no rivers to flood. Now if we only had the tax breaks of Fl, TN, and TX.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
It will be good to have you back where you belong, Mark.
Oh, and Colorado wasn't liberal until we became Californicated a few years ago.

Posts: 606 | Location: Lakewood, Co. | Registered: January 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of muggs
posted Hide Post
I can understand the heat/humidity issue. Every year it seems to bother me more.

Best of luck with the move.

Was great to meet you. We are loaded up and ready to head to Immokalee. Weather same as always, we got last race in with same forcast. Besides my car needs a bath and I am too lazy.

Posts: 3079 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
What is it with age and the heat? Damn it kicks my ass now. The sun mostly. If I can stay out of the sun, I can tolerate most anything. We went to Missorri last week and it was 94 degrees and over 90% humidity at times. Keep the air moving and it wasn't terrible, but get out in the sun when there weren't clouds and I was searching for a tree to stand under.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6407 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Bucky how do you think my 79 year old a$$ felt for 6 days in Bristol.....91-92 and humidity about90.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Wilting and/or decaying matter is more susceptible to heat. Welcome aboard.

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
not to help derail thread. Worst heat I ever had to deal with Memphis 100 plus,ungodly humidity and all concrete pits. Oh yea I was about 28 yo at the time.

Never liked heat.If not for big **** and small bikini's there would be no need for summer

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Back in the Karting days. Being young and thinking i am invincible. It was about 95 out. Had a big event in Michigan @ Michiana Raceway Park.
100 CC pipe class. Hello heat stroke and i mean bad.I was never the same after that at the age of 29. Even wearing a cool vest was of no help. I draw the line now on going out in the heat at the track. I swear i baked my brain. lol It took weeks to try to recover. Never the same.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Back in the Karting days.

Regarding Karting, does the name Emerson Dismore and Comet Kart Sales mean anything to you?