DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Being an Essential Business MEANS NOTHING
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Being an Essential Business MEANS NOTHING
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Funny how they're squeezing the life out of small mom and pop business but wally world mart and Bezozon are killing it.

Anyone remember RollerBall starring James Caan?

https://youtu.be/aVUxK1mNups

Technocratic 5G Orwellian nightmare movie? James Caan was the rebellion > Good Guy.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woody B:

All the government and other bail outs for people and businesses who aren't prepared are ticking me off.

Since when does the government make money?

As a matter of fact, we have to manage a portion of their work for free.

And for all the money we paid into the government for forty two years I don't see giving our employees their pay as a "bail out!"

Posts: 2961 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
Actually the government made billions in interest from loans in the last collapse in 2008 but the government borrowed the money to do the loans lol ....

Posts: 1234 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Thanks for making my point.

And generally, the way governments pay back debt is by raising taxes or cutting spending.

So, that's why I don't have a problem getting some of our money back now.

Smile

Posts: 2961 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
And generally, the way governments pay back debt is by raising taxes or cutting spending.

That's old school, they don't do that anymore. Today it's deficient spending, a deferred tax, and printing money.... free money. Win/win!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2331 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
The EIDL loan / grant is also done online and takes 5 minutes . The PPP payroll program is more entailed and has to go thru a lending institute . At this point you use it or lose it .

Posts: 1234 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 68TSCAMARO:
The PPP payroll program is more entailed and has to go thru a lending institute .

The PPP program application was easy going through BOA. It might of took 15 minutes. They have all our business info since we been with them.

The grant portion of the EIDL will be $1,000 per employee, up to $10,000 max.

With the PPP program they asked you what your payroll is for a month than they tell you to times it by 2.5.

Our payroll is more than 10k so that's why we went with the PPP program.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
He's ALL DONE.
Spoke to him last night.
He has to go bankrupt (attorney and accountant both stated it). He has had 0 money coming in since the beginning of this with HUGE debt due to expanding his businesses last year.
His wife and kids left him (due to arguing over $$ every day and the kids not being able to go to the colleges they were slated for). He has to give his house to the bank since he used it as collateral to build his business and hasn't been able to make any payments.

On top of all that he is also being sued for HUGE $$ by his ex-employees that got the virus because they said they got it from his business (no proof but that doesn't matter I guess).
He's very upset, worked hard all his life and was on top of the world (owning 3 successful heavy duty truck repair facilities) to nothing over night.
This is the reason the government HAS TO put in "Business Liability Protections" so employees can't sue owners. There's no proof where they got it from but that doesn't matter.

He's selling everything he owns.
I'm sure he is just one of the many owners/victims from this thing.
It's very sad.
Super Angry

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 955 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Frank, there’s a lot more to that story either that you don’t know or aren’t disclosing. In just 8 weeks weeks he loses his business, house wife and kids. Far more to that story.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
What are they suing him for? I understand the reason but what damages?

I can't tell from the timing of the original post when his first case was discovered. If he did what he could to make working there safe based upon what we knew then, they this seems unfair for sure. Not that fairness comes into civil suits. My feeling on it is that employers are and should be responsible for making the workplace as safe as possible based upon current guidelines. Provide the mask ppe, hand sanitizer, and make protocols about what should be touched and sanitized and restrictions for interaction with customers. Whether the employees follow these guidelines and use the PPE is somewhat up to them. As long as the employer can show he provided, trained and enforced to the most reasonable extent, there should be no ability to sue over these cases. And of course this has been a moving target.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6377 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Frank, there’s a lot more to that story either that you don’t know or aren’t disclosing. In just 8 weeks weeks he loses his business, house wife and kids. Far more to that story.

And this is a very good point. Likely he was on shaky ground in those areas before if they folded like cards in this short of a time.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6377 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Exactly

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Trans Lady:
Thanks for making my point.

So, that's why I don't have a problem getting some of our money back now.

Smile

And generally, the way governments pay back debt is by raising taxes or cutting spending. Printing Money.

Dave

DC..Treed by Canted Valve..

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3304 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
I don't know everything and I didn't want to pry.
I do know his business was 99% contract based with several local large trucking companies (and a couple national). No one has paid him since this started even though they owed him. I know he has HUGE debt related to the businesses due to all the improvements he made to the buildings, hiring additional staff, etc, over the last couple years.

His wife is VERY HIGH maintenance, that I know. She is gorgeous BUT always wants the best of the best and wants it NOW. Last year she bought 4 high dollar SUV's ($100k plus EACH) and still has them, 2 BMW's, 1 Tesla, 1 Mercedes (how many can you drive at one time). She went on vacation last summer at a tune of $88,000 on credit cards. I know they argued a lot about her spending habits so I'm sure this just added to it BUT if this virus didn't happen they would probably still be together.

As far as the law suit, all I know is that it is with his employees and the virus. He didn't say anything else.

That's all I know but I do agree there is always something else that is not said.
Two sides of every story as they say.

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 955 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hey Frank; Here how the governor opened up golf courses this weekend! What a bunch of BS.

Posts: 293 | Location: New Milford, CT USA | Registered: December 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pentastarrail:
Two sides of every story as they say.

no three sides to this story, his, hers and the TRUTH.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Not to say that I'm not sorry that it happened to him. Sticks his neck out there and this comes along. Tough deal. And often, no good deed goes unpunished when it comes to employees. As soon as it benefits them to turn on you, they will.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
I did hear that Joe. CRAZY.
You can tell that they didn't think anything through.
Hair salons are open BUT they can't blow dry your hair BUT all bathrooms MUST have Hand Blow Dryers.
WTF is the difference????
You can't make it up.

Hope you are doing well Joe, take care.

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA